• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Crying Over Movies...

Have any of you guys cried at a particularly moving scene while watching a movie? Or have you at least almost cried?

I've only ever come close to crying at a movie one time.

It was during The Dark Knight Rises.

That scene where Alfred said this: "Remember when you left Gotham? Before all this, before Batman? You were gone seven years. Seven years I waited, hoping that you wouldn't come back. Every year, I took a holiday. I went to Florence, there's this cafe, on the banks of the Arno. Every fine evening, I'd sit there and order a Fernet Branca. I had this fantasy, that I would look across the tables and I'd see you there, with a wife and maybe a couple of kids. You wouldn't say anything to me, nor me to you. But we'd both know that you'd made it, that you were happy. I never wanted you to come back to Gotham. I always knew there was nothing here for you, except pain and tragedy. And I wanted something more for you than that. I still do." And then he said that he would leave if Bruce didn't give up being Batman.

If you guys saw the movie, you should know the feel that I felt.

origin-photo-u1.jpg

Dan

In The Hunger Games when Rue got killed.

Ruuuuuuuuuuuuue ! :'( That girl should of been given her own spin-off movie.

I cry whenever I see the Mario brothers movie, It's very emotional to see what they did to my plumber and king koopa. :(

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
I cried at the same scene as you Reaca, and I kept crying for the rest of the movie.
I sobbed like a baby.
also sobbed during Return of the King, Hunger Games, the Dark Knight
and every TV show finale I've ever watched
and the odd Doctor Who episode
and I just cry at everything.
UqTc5.gif

this is me

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I've never cried while watching a movie not even close to tearing up I just sit down and watch it with my poker face. :|

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Even some commercials can make me tear up, so of course there are movies that's made me cry, many of them, same goes for television shows, even a couple of books have had that effect on me, lol

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Donnie Darko and The Bridge to Terabithia. Those two movies made me cry.

The Bridge to Terabithia was a sad book and I cried when I read it so I wasn't surprised when I cried at the end of the movie.

Donnie Darko was one of the saddest endings to a movie I've ever seen. If it's not bad enough that you realize he's gonna die and that he knows he's gonna die and that he's got his dead girlfriend's body and that his world is gonna end, they have to go and get Gary Jules to sing this song.

[video=youtube;4N3N1MlvVc4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N3N1MlvVc4[/video]

The emotional level of that song coupled with the very final scene makes me break down each time. It's so freaking sad :cry:

Joy

The Sexy One
I never cry at movies. Books all the time, but movies don't seem to do it for me.
We had a "Notebook-date" with my friends (basically we all brought over ice cream and watched the notebook) and everyone was bawling instead for me. Yeah I felt like a heartless little girl. ;)

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
Well I wouldn't call it a movie, but Supernatural has over more then 1 occasion. Not like boo hoo crying but it gets me a bit emotional sometimes, because of things I feel related to.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I've never cried during a film but there are a few that have almost made me. The two most notable examples are the end of The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile.

The Shawshank Redemption's ending is just so beautiful and makes me so happy that I feel quite emotional.
Anyone who has seen The Green Mile probably had the same feelings I had.
"Please boss, don't put that thing over my face, don't put me in the dark. I's afraid of the dark."
Breaks my heart every time.

I'm putting in the Top 10 movies which make me want to cry, the number 1 being the film that did make the tears come out:
10) King Kong (2005): Kong's capture and death.
9) Hook: joy when Peter Pan returns before the climax.
8) Forrest Gump: Jenny's death.
7) The Lion King: Mufasa's death.
6) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1: Dobby's death.
5) Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: Snow White's funeral.
4) Grave of the Fireflies: Setsuko's last moments and death.
3) Lord of the Rings: Return of the King: Frodo's farewell to Sam, Merry & Pippin.
2) Spirited Away: a feeling of joy when Chihiro and Haku float near the end of the film.
1) Anne Frank The Whole Story: starting from Anne's separation from her father, all the way into the epilogue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom