• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Crusher Lynels are Stupid and Unfair!!

I swear to god these guys are rigged!! i keep pressing the parry button and still get hit for no freaking reason! Because of the broken and glitched parry mechanics, I keep having to use some kind of fairy of Mipha's grace! This is so stupid and these guys need to be removed from the game

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Crusher Lynels are easily the most difficult variation of them. The timing of dodges is different from fighting other lynels since the weapon has such a huge range.

Best strategy is honestly to shoot them in the face and mount them, you can use stasis+ to make it easier as well. My favourite strategy is to backflip and pull out the bow to go into bullet time, makes aiming easier. A 3 or 5 shot bow with bomb arrows works best.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Parrying is a pretty bad way to kill lynels and enemies in general, with the exception of guardians who specifically take massive damage from them
Instead just shoot them with your bow to stun them then climb on their back

Crusher lynels are the most generous for parry and dodge windows due to the nature of their attacks. That said, flurry rushes are bad for crusher lynels, even if you get a perfect dodge, there's high probability you'll still get caught by a shockwave of the crusher. Try to dodge earlier than the wide perfect dodge window, or keep defense up dishes with you in case you get caught in a shockwave.

If you do manage a parry though, it's prime time to shoot them in the face and mount them. You'll get much more hits in that way, more safely.

Best weapon to use to kill a Lynel?
Only killed one and that was a fluke, not been brave enough to deliberately try!
Lynel weapons are great to use on lynels cuz their durability is good enough to last the full fight and then you can trade up afterward with your new kill's weapons. :)

Apart from that, anything really goes. But I recommend that if you get on a lynel's back, you switch to your strongest weapon for the mounted attacks, and then switch back to another on dismount. This doesn't take off durability so getting greedy with damage output is perfect for it. I always have a designated two hand weapon for lynels, that I never use for anything else. Only get rid of it if I find something stronger--royal guard claymores, ancient battle axes, and of course lynel crushers, are all good picks.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
No! These guys should never ever be removed from the game! That's a crime!! It's also prohibited to even think bad of them :D
Lynels are very tough and they should be! The overworld bosses aren't that hard to beat and neither are the common mooks. So it's much fun to encounter lynels now and then. Yes, they're tough but once you've figured out how to beat them it's getting easier. Especially using their own crushers against them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom