• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Crossbow in Skyward Sword?

this made me curious about the bow upgrade...

Since the beetle will carry bombs, maybe will not be seeing bomb-arrows this time, and i doubt we'll be seeing fire/ice arrows either...Maybe this time the Slingshot will stand a chance, lol.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
With the spreadshot upgrade, it may be on par with the basic bow; who knows? Although, I don't see it being utilized whatsoever once you get the bow; in all respects a thin, far traveling arrow would be more effective than using a somewhat bulky nut.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
this made me curious about the bow upgrade...

Since the beetle will carry bombs, maybe will not be seeing bomb-arrows this time, and i doubt we'll be seeing fire/ice arrows either...Maybe this time the Slingshot will stand a chance, lol.
Please I wouldn't want another slingshot that becomes completely useless once you find the bow/crossbow. Now if the slingshot become required for defeating certain enemies then that would the only way the slingshot has importance.

The spreadshot sounds to me much more practical for defeating hordes of small enemies, like keeses (which is common and annoying situation in every Zelda game).

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I thought the Crossbow was said to be in the game long ago...

Anyway, if it is in the game, I don't think it's going to be an upgrade to the bow, as Crossbows are nowhere near as powerful as Longbows. They're just a quick-fire weapon, not a long-ranged, high-powered weapon. I'm pretty sure it would be a separate item.

Last edited:

geek4887

The Unknown
Oh, that's an interesting concept. I'm not really the most up-to-date with the latest SS news, but are every item gonna get an upgrade? Anyways, that's gonna be REALLY cool if they put a crossbow in SS!

vcdomith

Mad Artist
JuicieJ*
Are you sure, I've never seen someone mentioning the presence of the crossbow

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I see no need to update the bow, really. Awesome as it would be, I'm content with the standard Hero's Bow. However, since the shields are also being upgraded, I suppose it is possible they'll finangle with the bow as well.

The actual Crossbow weapon came to be for being able to pierce breastplates with its bolts, so it should be a much more powerful damage (although, they were hard as hell to aim and reload). But this weapon just doesn't fit well in the Zelda context and gameplay.

And I see a light for the Slingshot, since this game enemies are all about parring, the slingshot may be very hand for stunning enemies, making them open their guard so you could just jump in and heck them away (filling the role of the boomerang in previous entries). Imagine when you have spreadshot, two enemies rush into you, you can just do a spreadshot aiming carelessly in them and stun both at once (of course it won't cut it for tougher enemies ).

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Perhaps it could be an upgraded bow. It would work by pointing at the screen(like the slingshot) and having speedy reloads and doing the damage of the regular bow and arrows or even more.

SkullKid22

420MemeMaster
No crossbow. The normal bow and arrows has been with Zelda since the beginning, nobody wants that to that to change.

I thought the Crossbow was said to be in the game long ago...

Anyway, if it is in the game, I don't think it's going to be an upgrade to the bow, as Crossbows are nowhere near as powerful as Longbows. They're just a quick-fire weapon, not a long-ranged, high-powered weapon. I'm pretty sure it would be a separate item.

I'm fairly certain Nintendo has never mentioned a crossbow being in SS.

Also, you obviously know nothing about crossbows. Some quick research disproved almost everything you said about them.
1) Crossbows take much longer to load.
2) There is not much of a difference in terms of power. The bolts travel at approximately the same velocity, with crossbow bolts being lighter.

A skilled longbow user can shoot more accurately at long range, but it takes less skill to shoot a crossbow effectively.

D

Dogninja

Why are we talking about logic, I mean this is a nintendo game right? Well, I think upgrading the bow to the crossbow would be kind of interesting to see after years of being used to the bow in a zelda game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom