• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Creepiest character(s) in the series

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
So yesterday I saw a video on youtube about the HMS if he was secretly evil or a good guy. The vid ended that he wasn't an evil character but he is weird as ****. So that makes me wonder. Who do you think is/are the most creepiest character(s) ? And I don't mean weird. Some characters are weird but not necessarily creepy. And I don't mean gibdo's because they're basically dead but somehow still alive so of course they're creepy :P

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
The butler in Wind Waker D17AC71D-1D1A-48BB-B3E4-8BDA6C24B044.jpeg
Not only is he a creepy face on a doorknob but he talks, which for me was pretty unsettling, and what’s even creepier is that he’s aware he’s a doorknob. Sure there’s lots of weird in Zelda but even then it’s really weird
17AFE241-0A51-478E-AE25-74505DE16042.jpeg
And then he has standees of him inside the cabana, including one of him dressed up like a maid

The cabana always unsettled me from the sewer labyrinth to the small room and most of all this butler and his standees around the house

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I would have to say Sakon from MM. He's probably not an obvious choice considering he doesn't really look ominous or do anything particularly spooky. He's just... a generally unsettling guy. He's always lurking around somewhere being suspicious. If you talk to him near his hideout he asks you a bunch of questions about your sword, which make me nervous because I don't want to say anything that will make him steal it (I still can't go out in Termina field because his bird has traumatized me.) And once you actually go IN his hideout he instantly becomes a hundred time more menacing and threatening. Sakon is a character with a dark side that just freaks me out.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
This is the lamest answer I've ever had to a Zelda question but somebody's got to say it and I'm willing to fall on that grenade. The Happy Mask Salesman. He wasn't scary, he wasn't horrible, he was just the embodiment of creepiness in the series. The Song of Healing theme added to his creepy vibe for sure.

The dude in the middle of the Spider House in Kakariko Village in OoT was also really creepy. The way he screams in existential terror when you stun him has cemented him in my mind as one of the most truly horrible characters in Zelda. Ocarina of Time was a really creepy game...

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Nobody had mentioned Tingle yet? Color me surprised.

Actually, there’s also the one Zora in MM who’s entire personality revolves around stalking Lulu.

And the Lady in the treasure chest shop who’s prices change depending on if she has the hots for Link in his current form or not, even though 2 of Links forms are children and they still get a better price than Goron Link so she’s either racist, a pedophile, or both.

On the topic of pedophilia theres that one cutscene with Cremia…

And theres also the moon if you count that as a character.

And the moon children for that matter.

And both Skull Kid and Majora.

Actually you know what? Lets just say the entirety of Majora’s Mask. A good 90% of the characters in that game are either racist or a pervert.

The potion shop lady in LoZ before you gave her the letter and before you had any idea what her deal was at all.

Like, you enter this cave, the music cuts out and it's totally silent, and there's this old nun-looking lady standing there not saying anything and not reacting to you in any way no matter what you do. Every single other person you meet at least says something, but she doesn't do anything. She's just standing there and staring at you. Watching. Waiting.

When we were kids one of my friends called her "the dead lady." Chilling!

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
The potion shop lady in LoZ before you gave her the letter and before you had any idea what her deal was at all.

Like, you enter this cave, the music cuts out and it's totally silent, and there's this old nun-looking lady standing there not saying anything and not reacting to you in any way no matter what you do. Every single other person you meet at least says something, but she doesn't do anything. She's just standing there and staring at you. Watching. Waiting.

When we were kids one of my friends called her "the dead lady." Chilling!
maybe she was dead......

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
This is the lamest answer I've ever had to a Zelda question but somebody's got to say it and I'm willing to fall on that grenade. The Happy Mask Salesman. He wasn't scary, he wasn't horrible, he was just the embodiment of creepiness in the series. The Song of Healing theme added to his creepy vibe for sure.

The dude in the middle of the Spider House in Kakariko Village in OoT was also really creepy. The way he screams in existential terror when you stun him has cemented him in my mind as one of the most truly horrible characters in Zelda. Ocarina of Time was a really creepy game...
I like how you move from MM to OOT and come away with the conclusion that oot was a creepy game

People do be forgetting how much of a facade oot presents at times

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom