• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Crash And Burn Projects

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I've had numerous projects that I started but never finished over the years, but I've very rarely ever completely threw out an entire project that I've started - I have done it though, and it wasn't fun.

There is only that was very memorable for me to this day. It was a "How To" Project that I began preparations for when I was in Second Grade. It was pretty simple, I was going to display how heated air creates pressure and would inflate a homemade balloon and cause it to rise, to do it I was going to bring a hair dryer to school. However, my teacher shot the project down completely because it was "Too advanced". All my work went down the drain, and I threw the balloon I was making away because I was so frustrated. All I could think to do last minute as a project was a stupid How to make Kool Aid display, and I nearly got a failing grade on it. To pour salt on an open wound, my teacher remarked by saying I should have did my original project; whereas a few days earlier she wouldn't permit me to do it at all. It was the most devastating project of mine that crashed and burned because I was already very invested into it when it got shot down. Under other circumstances I would have just put the balloon in my closet or something and forgot about it, but I completely destroy the possibility of finishing the project for myself.

Have you ever started a project that was shot down so badly that you completely gave up on it and destroyed your own work?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I tried to do a brawl machinima {yeah, remember those?} during middle school, I actually managed to get 3 episodes out until my channel literally got the ban hammer b/c I uploaded copyrighted material, ever since then I was never able to get that idea afloat again
to be fair, while it's been so long since then and I have not seen those episodes in probably a decade now since I dont have those files anymore, I can guarantee you it would've gotten nowhere anyway b/c they were most certainly disgustingly terrible

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
I made a Swedish adventure game like 2 years ago (It's still out there ... ) that was supposed to be 4 chapters but it's just 3 and I don't think I'll ever be able to finish it, I just was so disappointed with the entire thing so I guess it's just gonna stay unfinished forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom