• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Cows on the ranch in MM

Agent of Majora

Herald of the Consumer
I forgot about the cow abduction in Majora's Mask. I could never figure out how to save them.

Come to think of it, the fact there are aliens from outer space in the Zelda universe is pretty bizarre, even for Zelda standards.
Not necessarily. The Zelda series is based off of Medieval European folklore, which actually includes a surprising amount of tales relating to extraterrestrials in the form of demons and Fallen Angels. Interestingly, the Goddesses themselves seemed to have been implied to be extraterrestrials themselves, what with the references to them descending from a "Distant Nebula". Perhaps Hyrule was created as the result of terraforming rather than divine power because of it, but that's another theory entirely.

Not necessarily. The Zelda series is based off of Medieval European folklore, which actually includes a surprising amount of tales relating to extraterrestrials in the form of demons and Fallen Angels. Interestingly, the Goddesses themselves seemed to have been implied to be extraterrestrials themselves, what with the references to them descending from a "Distant Nebula". Perhaps Hyrule was created as the result of terraforming rather than divine power because of it, but that's another theory entirely.

Perhaps. I suppose what makes this a bridge too far for me was the fact that they aren't angels or demons, but clearly aliens in a sci-fi sense. I had the same issue with the trains in Spirit Tracks. There's nothing objectively wrong with either, but they were both a bit too divorced from the medieval Europe style for me. Just my opinion of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom