• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Cows on the ranch in MM

Roger Rad

The Fabulous One
The abduction of the cows, is it because the aliens might see the impending doom and try to rescue the poor creatures from their demise? Are we actually slaying the good guys here?

No. The aliens came for one sole purpose, the most potent magical elixer in the universe, one taht brought infinite magic power woth it's consumption. Chatue Romani. The aliens are not only aliens, but also wizards who want to bump up their magic power. The wizard aliens take the cows because theyre the source of the legendary chatue romani.

I forgot about the cow abduction in Majora's Mask. I could never figure out how to save them.

Come to think of it, the fact there are aliens from outer space in the Zelda universe is pretty bizarre, even for Zelda standards.

I forgot about the cow abduction in Majora's Mask. I could never figure out how to save them.

Come to think of it, the fact there are aliens from outer space in the Zelda universe is pretty bizarre, even for Zelda standards.
Its one of.my favorite sidequests ever. Romani is a great character too. But most of my theories on the aliens are even stranger than the event itself.

Did You gusy know that the aliens were based off multiple real life alien encounters? I can show you two if you guys wanna hear about it. Maybe itll help us crack down on why they want cows.

I feel like it's simply the classic aliens stealing livestock gimmick.
I reckon if there was any hint to them doing it for another reason or if they showed up again doing something different, then we'd be able to theorise futher but as it is I don't think it's that complex.

Spamomanospam

Captain Kick-ass
I like this theory, despite how cockamamie it may seem to others. It's much more fun than the obvious answers. Just one question: If Link is dead, how do the aliens get into his brain?

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I remember reading something about cow abductions being a big thing in the 80's and 90's and the surrealism being some obscure homage to Twin Peaks. The designers of Link's Awakening were also inspired by Twin Peaks (I've only read that in one place, however).

Don't forget the aliens also abduct Romani and **** her up mentally, so you're also helping her. I can't say I feel guilty for slaying the aliens.

Don't forget the aliens also abduct Romani and **** her up mentally, so you're also helping her. I can't say I feel guilty for slaying the aliens.
The aliens just mistook Romani for a cow, they felt bad and decided to return her unharmed, but needed to erase her memory of the incident for their own protection. They didn't do a very good job.

I remember reading something about cow abductions being a big thing in the 80's and 90's and the surrealism being some obscure homage to Twin Peaks. The designers of Link's Awakening were also inspired by Twin Peaks (I've only read that in one place, however).

I believe in the late 1970s there was a series of bizarre and grisly cow mutilations that got some media attention. I believe it appeared the cows had been killed in some ritual manner and then dropped from aircraft. Due to the strangeness, some blamed aliens. I'm assuming this lead to cow abduction being a bit of an 80s meme - long before memes, of course, but you catch my drift.

On the other hand, I found this article about a hoax made in 1897 claiming aliens had abducted some cows, so the phenomenon may go back further:

http://science.howstuffworks.com/space/aliens-ufos/cow-abduction.htm

Note: The Alexander Hamilton in the story is certainly not the famous American statesman (the $10 bill guy/Broadway star) with the same name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom