• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Cover Art Contest

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
This is the thread for the cover art contest in my Zelda story, The Shade's Mirror. Since the posts for the contest could get lost in the story thread I have decided to post it here.

Contest rules: For anyone who read my story, I have posted cover art for the first chapter and I want to do the same for the next chapters to come. The thing is that I think I'd make my story more interactive and allow fans to draw the next cover. To do that, I am going to give you guys a preview of the next chapter. You guys submit the art and I'll see who wins.

Rules: Cannot be light pencil, must be darkened, inked or colored.
Nothing obscene please.
The rating of my images are G-Pg13, I don't like going higher than that.
You can use your own style for drawing.

Chapter 2: Four's a Crowd
In this chapter Link is on his way to the cottage in northeastern part of the Eldin Province. Along the way he loses Rosei and meets up with a Deku Scrub Thief called Dekki. It is then that Link finds two pig nappers had stolen Rosei and now Link must save her. Eventually Link does and the two pig nappers (who's names are Lan and Match) want to join him. Them along with the mischievous Dekki prove to be a handful. But are these three really all that useless, or maybe they have a bigger part to play in this story. Find out next chapter.

*Lan and Match are the two human like characters on the cover to the entire story. Lan is the longnose. Match has the glasses.

Last edited:

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Hahah, I like the idea behind your story... The Black Cauldron always did strike me as Zelda-ish.
How long are you going to run this contest for? Because I'd love to take a stab at it, but have no time for art until Wednesday of next week :c

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Until I see the best result, I won't close this until the end of the story.

Each new chapter will have a different cover art from a different artist.

Last edited:

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I am here to leave a note: I have just finished chapter two and will be waiting for the newest cover. If the cover is not submitted by next wednesday, I will submit my newest cover.

R

Ragdoll

I really like to participate! (Not that I'm really good in art. I can't work with photoshop - what a shame!)

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Ooookay. I've managed to find some time, and I have something in the works for this now, will probably be ready to post within the next few nights. This is actually really fun!
I wish more people would get involved though... Charge has evidently put a lot of effort into his story, and even given us the chance to participle to some degree... I mean, I'm not the best artist in the world, heck, all I have at available at the moment is an old mouse to draw with... but honestly it isn't that much of an ask to make something for this, even if you just threw something together in quarter of an hour I'm sure Charge would really appreciate at least some show of support. So come on guys, where are you all!

EDIT: Good on you, Ragdoll! The story's here: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?8419-Legend-of-Zelda-The-Shade-s-Mirror
*steals Charge's job*

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I would enter,but I don't know how to upload Paint images to a website.

Oh that is simple. On your profile, there is a place called Albums. Make a new album for your pictures, then there will be an option called upload pictures. Then you pick out some files you have and then upload them to your albums.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
After the depressing results of this first contest I am hoping this next one will be better. I shall give you guys the preview for chapter 3. Oh and if you are participating, leave a reply that says you are so I can keep track.

If you need help uploading something from Paint or GIMP, follow these instructions: On your profile, there is a place called Albums. Make a new album for your pictures, then there will be an option called upload pictures. Then you pick out some files you have and then upload them to your albums.

Chapter 3: Infiltration
After Rosei had been kidnapped, Link and the gang decide to infiltrate the castle of the Great King Ganon. Once they reach there, they shall have to face perils of Gator infested waters, dragons, Ganon's henchmen, and the big daddy of them all: Ganondorf. Will our heroes manage to save Rosei, or will they only find an untimely demise in the dank halls. Find out next time.

R

Ragdoll

I'm really sorry! I have got exams this week. I will upload the cover on Sunday, allright?

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Note to everyone participating: Chapter 3 has just been completed. The release date for it is this Friday. If you have any objections for the date just ask me and I'll revise it to a time you guys are comfortable with.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
shadesmirrorcoverart.png

Amazing cover to Chapter 2, produced by our very own NorthApple. Good Job North, you worked really hard :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom