• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Countdown to Skyward Sword Release!

I'm sorry for all you people who got it early. That means that to you, the release date is not that special anymore. For me, the release day on Sunday will be unforgettable - I will remember waiting for 11 am for BestBuy to open and get my game and play it over the afternoon, or however I will get the game. (PS, bestbuy will give a zelda shirt to the first 25 people :) ). I will remember the exact date and cherish it forever :) . It's sad when release dates don't matter to people anymore. (this post is not just me trying to feel sorry for myself for not getting the game early, it's 15% that and 85% me truly being sorry for all of you ;) )

2 SLEEPS LEFT

Ah, condescension...

Well, I played Skyward Sword early, yes. But it was not out of impatience or anything like that. I was just offered the opportunity to play it, and I took it. I could have waited another year if it came down to it for a release date, as I am very patient. I have also been doing the "wait thing" for so many years - for so many Zelda titles - that I have practically become immune to the sunken feeling of having missed a release date (for money issues, etc). So for me, release dates really aren't that special and have kinda lost their magic. Admittedly, most instances of me saying "can't wait!" on this thread referred more to the chance to play the game rather than the release date itself, which in retrospect might sound a tad sarcastic... lol.

On the other hand, I can understand why release dates are great for others - with the perks and all - however, and I hope everyone enjoys their experience! :yes:

2 DAYS!

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Ah, condescension...

Did you mean that in a good way, or bad way? :P The word has two connotations.

As a reply to the rest of your quote, it seems our feelings for a release date differs. To me, release dates are almost sacred - I look forward to that date for a long time and I like getting the game on the release date because it's a concrete date that I can measure until when I have to wait. That's my attitude in life - I set I date I look forward to, slowly creep towards it, and once I pass that date, I get another date - whether that's the start of Christmas vacation, Summer, or the release of another game. It's just how I live my life. That explains why I like release dates that much. For you, it seems the dates are more abstract and just look forward to when you get the game, no matter how early or late you get it. I just can't simply go like that. Well, to each his own, I guess...

Did you mean that in a good way, or bad way? :P The word has two connotations.

As a reply to the rest of your quote, it seems our feelings for a release date differs. To me, release dates are almost sacred - I look forward to that date for a long time and I like getting the game on the release date because it's a concrete date that I can measure until when I have to wait. That's my attitude in life - I set I date I look forward to, slowly creep towards it, and once I pass that date, I get another date - whether that's the start of Christmas vacation, Summer, or the release of another game. It's just how I live my life. That explains why I like release dates that much. For you, it seems the dates are more abstract and just look forward to when you get the game, no matter how early or late you get it. I just can't simply go like that. Well, to each his own, I guess...

Understood. To each his own, I guess. [noparse]:)[/noparse]

PS Don't worry, I meant it in a good way. :yes:

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Understood. To each his own, I guess. [noparse]:)[/noparse]

PS Don't worry, I meant it in a good way. :yes:

Glad we're on the same page :) PS, I love the picture in your sig, the first time I saw the main villain, I immediately thought of Akuma.

Man, waiting for the game is so hard... Hmm, I have to write an essay this weekend, maybe I should do that while waiting XD

Pixel

Smallest graphical unit
Glad we're on the same page :) PS, I love the picture in your sig, the first time I saw the main villain, I immediately thought of Akuma.

Man, waiting for the game is so hard... Hmm, I have to write an essay this weekend, maybe I should do that while waiting XD

To those in Europe that are here,go rush to the nearbiest store,Skyward Sword was released!
And to those that live in the not so united continent of America,namely Canada and US, 2 days.
This game will be epic ^_^

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Finally, my copy arrived. Every gamer around the world, have fun with Skyward Sword.

imag0018kopie.jpg

Finally, my copy arrived. Every gamer around the world, have fun with Skyward Sword.

imag0018kopie.jpg

So now your the Lucky Monkey?Lol JK anyways,have fun,happiness and good luck!You'll need it!

only a couple days till it releases for me!I live in north america!My little brother will do a review on it as soon as we get it!Note:he will post on my account.

Last edited:

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel

imag0018kopie.jpg

How do you feel about not having the shiny box? Not trying to be mean, you got it earlier than I did. I am just wondering if you would trade in waiting for two more days to have a shiny box.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
How do you feel about not having the shiny box? Not trying to be mean, you got it earlier than I did. I am just wondering if you would trade in waiting for two more days to have a shiny box.

I've paid almost 70 Euros for the Limited Edition. 70 Euros and not even a shiny box ;D
Well, thats' about 80 Dollars I think. Germany and Australia are always a bit behind you Americans ;D

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
I've paid almost 70 Euros for the Limited Edition. 70 Euros and not even a shiny box ;D
Well, thats' about 80 Dollars I think. Germany and Australia are always a bit behind you Americans ;D

I'm not American. Actually, the US of A's economy is also lagging behind. Canada actually has the strongest economy during the recession, it wasn't affected as much as everywhere else. ;) I've heard Australia is the worst place to buy video games...

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
FINAL VERSE! (it was for yesterday, but i was too busy Skyward Swording!)

On the Day of Zelda Beedle sold to me...
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: SKYWARD SWORD!!!

Got it yesterday, played 4 hours straight, got bugnet and slingshot, completed skyveiw temple and then slept so i could carry on today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom