• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Could Zelda Be A Goddess?

If you've seen the new intro video of Skyward Sword and aren't still sprawled on the floor from excitement, I think I have a plausible idea. In the video, it is of course hard to tell exact who/what anything is because of the art style chosen, sort of reminiscent of cave paintings. Anyways, at one point a women is shown pointing to the sky with a sword, and holding the now familiar harp we've seen in many trailers and screenshots. We know from Ocarina of Time and from of course more recently, Skyward Sword, that this harp is indeed Zelda's. Could this person in the intro video be Zelda, and if so, could Zelda be a goddess? Pointing to the sky with what could possibly be the Goddess Sword (the confirmed sword name), would lead us to believe this is some sort of Goddess or Deity figure, and the fact that the women is holding the harp . . . could only lead me to believe it's Zelda. (Little side note: At that point in the video, the screen says, "They desired that which the Goddess protected, ultimate power." This is another indication that this figure is some sort of goddess). Now, goddess of what? I don't know, but discuss and feel free to oppose to my theory!

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
I think she's just a Preistess at this point. I mean, she's involved in the bird Riding ceramony, and she is one of the Head Master's Daughter. She's important, just like Fi.

On another note, I believe they said that Fi was created by the Goddess('s) themselves(Herself), and so is the Goddess Sword. (a.k.a. Skyward Sword)

Last edited:
I like how you put that together Vamauros, all of this combined with the fact that she has always been the holder of the Triforce of Wisdom certainly implies she has some extra importance/holiness then what is shown by her usual Princess status.

I don't think Zelda is a goddess. The person in the picture I think is a Goddess but I don't know what she is a Goddess of. And since she has both the lyre and sword makes me think she is the person that made both of them.

Last edited:
A

Aceamc

Slightly unrelated

and she is one of the Head Master's Daughter.
When did they say she was the Head Master's daughter? This information would be very useful to me.

That image could be a relative or ancestor of Zelda's I believe that passed down the Lyre to Zelda. But I think that Zelda is not a sage because...
she becomes a sage in Ocarina of Time (hiding her appearance as Sheik.)
And since Skyward Sword is a prequel to Ocaina of Time, I think the game would lead up to Zelda becoming a princess and a sage. :yes:

vcdomith

Mad Artist
Something that keeps bugging my mind is that Zelda have a Lyre once owned by a god, this just feel "out of place" to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom