• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Could there be s new timeline?

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
I sincerely hope not but some sources (of which I have only heard of and do not have links sry :P) are saying that BotW will not exist in the same universe as other games, specifically OoT.

If this is the case, I'm thinking that they are starting a new timeline or ripping out Oot and putting BotW in its place. Both of these I think are mistakes. Sorry. Not sorry.

I want so badly for it to go in adult timeline between PH and ST. What are your thoughts on the matter?

Scribear

Your Best Friend (rupee free)
Base on pure unproved want. I want it to be Adult or Child.

Last edited by a moderator:
A new timeline is certainly a possibility (I personally believe it to be in a new branch of the adult timeline)... but there's too many connections to OoT for it not to be set after OoT, and I think Aonuma has basically confirmed this in one of the interviews.

Wonder where it could stem from.
My guess is that it would split around the time of Ganon's return before the Great Flood, with Ganon's return being the same event depicted in the backstories of both WW and BotW... but while the hero didn't appear in the WW timeline, he did in the BotW timeline.
According to Hylia's sacrifice, there must have been a hero at that time, and the most likely explanation for him not appearing in time to stop Ganon would be that he had failed on his quest, so it could easily be a failure/success timeline split, similar to the OoT timeline split.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom