• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Could Ganondorf Control the Power of Majora's Mask?

Do you think Ganondorf could use the Mask?

• Yeah, Ganondorf is a stud.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MrLuigi

Theorist
At first I was like "LOLno he's too weak". Then I was all like "oh yeah, Triforce of Power on him, him being such a smart guy to survive multiple deaths, he has a chance".

So what do you think would happen, would Ganon be corrupted, Majora controlling him, accessing the Triforce of Power's immense strength, or do you think Ganon would be able to control the power of the mask?

Then there's this third thought that if he gets it he'll just make someone else wear it and do his bidding. What do you think?

Majora seems to be the strongest independent power in the entire canon. Maybe the whole Triforce could challenge it, but Ganon/dorf's sole piece? No, I doubt it.

Also, Majora controlling the Triforce of Power? EVACUATE HYRULE NOW.

Majora seems to be the strongest independent power in the entire canon. Maybe the whole Triforce could challenge it, but Ganon/dorf's sole piece? No, I doubt it.

Also, Majora controlling the Triforce of Power? EVACUATE HYRULE NOW.

But Link did it with his one triforce piece...

Majora has dark and terrifying power's. Ganondorf uses the Triforce of Power and he miss-uses that Power. Majora has forbidden power's that it has controlled. Ganondorf is just still improving on his. So no, Ganondorf could actually be killed by Majora than control it.

Wow, that is a good question and one that requires research on both ganondorf and majora. Ganondorf has the triforce of power which he was not really chosen by the goddesses and majora has god like powers, i can't vote because i don't know. im just gonna watch peoples posts and see if i can use their ideas as a springboard (that's all i can do).

This is basically an un-answerable question because while the origin of Ganondorf's power is know, Majora's is not. We literally have no knowledge of his origins or nature, so we can't know if he's some basic monster or entity, or if he's something much more eldritch and powerful. I personally believe its the latter, so I voted No.

There's more to why I voted no though. What was Majora's Mask, really? It wasn't some kind of amplifier. It wasn't a weapon. It was very clearly an entity sealed within a mask. A living entity. The reason Skull Kid had powers from wearing the mask is because by that point Majora was in the most control of his body and thus was utilizing his own powers. Before he gained that control (if he didn't have it to begin with, that is), he merely granted the Skull Kid his powers to tempt and taint him.

What I'm basically getting at is if Ganondorf is weaker than Majora, he'd just get taken over the same way as the Skull Kid. If he's STRONGER, then it just wouldn't do anything. It's not an amplifier. Even if he could access Majora's abilities after overpowering him, they would still be weaker than his own and thus it would be pointless to use them.

So no, Ganondorf would not gain anything from wearing Majora's Mask whether he can control it or not (and I don't think he can).

I voted yes primarily because when I applied it to real life fighting (mentally). [BELOW]

Majora is insane, Ganondorf is sane. If I were to put a mentally disabled prisoner that has immense strength (the kind that kills) in with a soldier, I would think the soldier would win. The soldier being Ganondorf, could mentally fight off the influence of this psycho chaos prisoner.

Like Link killed the evil inside the mask, now what you are saying is that Ganondorf could use the mask to amplify his own power such as the Fierce Deity's Mask with Link.

I voted yes primarily because when I applied it to real life fighting (mentally). [BELOW]

Majora is insane, Ganondorf is sane. If I were to put a mentally disabled prisoner that has immense strength (the kind that kills) in with a soldier, I would think the soldier would win.
Why do you claim that Majora is insane? Or rather, why do you claim that he's an incompetent kind of insane? You describe him like he's a raving lunatic who can't function, yet his only dialogue in the game suggests high intellect, capable of manipulating others:

Majora's Mask (Majora's Mask) said:
"A puppet that can no longer be used is mere garbage. This puppet's role has just ended..."

Majora wasn't some insane gibbering moron. His presence was almost demonic, and he was wild in battle, yes, but his intelligence was proven to be quite high.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Honestly, there is no way to answer this question for real. The only person we know that wore Majora's Mask is the Skull Kid, and his power cannot be compared to Ganondorf's power. Ganondorf's power is immense compared to Skull Kid's. And so is Majora's.

However, I voted yes. I do believe that if Ganondorf wore Majora's Mask, he could control Majora's power and use it to his advantage. You also bring up the idea of intelligence. We haven't really seen any intelligence from Majora, as we didn't see anything from the final fight. He didn't say anything to you; he just started fighting. However, we can clearly see that Ganondorf is more intelligent. In OoT, we are told by the separate tribes how Ganondorf terrorized them, like how he reawakened Volvagia to eat the Gorons, or how by released the spirit of Bongo-Bongo. In WW, we are told before the final fight his intentions and motives, and how he approached his goals. Here, he shows a prime example of how he learns from his mistakes. He learned that with the Master Sword with Link, he is weak. So he killed the Sages who were keeping the power in the Master Sword.
In Twilight Princess, we see how he takes command of other bodies, like Zelda's.
And on top of all of this, he does have the Triforce of Power. And therefore, it makes him more powerful.

So due to the reasons listed above, I think that Ganondorf could control Majora.

Why do you claim that Majora is insane? Or rather, why do you claim that he's an incompetent kind of insane? You describe him like he's a raving lunatic who can't function, yet his only dialogue in the game suggests high intellect, capable of manipulating others:

Majora wasn't some insane gibbering moron. His presence was almost demonic, and he was wild in battle, yes, but his intelligence was proven to be quite high.

I underlined the parts that I'll cover.

Well, the insane part were my first impressions on his second form, that's why I claim that, I mean, your first impressions could be on his third form where he does look like a "demon".

And Majora is a Mask. He isn't a real person, or person thing, but an evil. It's kind of hard to put into words. The evil's name isn't Majora, it's Majora's Mask. Majora is a nickname. Wouldn't it just be weird when referring to him to call him Majora's Mask all the time?

His forms are just the evil morphing the mas - he could be insane, and it is generally accepted that he is but you seem to be more into the Majora stuff, so I'll leave that to you.

The origin of Majora (nicknamed) is a use for tribal things ( I don't feel comfortable using the exact words). Going to deep into assuming Majora is a "demon" (I don't feel comfortable about using the word, so after this post I'll restrain from it.) is okay, I mean we don't know about the mask a lot but these are just opinions and theories colliding.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I'm not sure I could give a definite answer, but I do have thoughts of the situation.

For one thing, if we're talking about who's more powerful, if I were to guess, I'd say Ganondorf. Considering he can only be beaten by a combination of light power (Zelda) and the Hero Sword (Link) it's where my thoughts lead since Majora can be defeated by a barrage of attacks.

Now, whether or not he would be controlled would be a determination of will power. Unfortunately for Ganondorf, Link is the master of willpower as he has courage which tends to be substituted for such (this is why he could control the FD mask) so we can't say he(Ganon) is the master of willpower. But he may not be that much less than Link. It's a mystery.

I do think it would be a good scene to 'replicate' though. As Axle put it in one of his videos, Majora tends to revolve around chaos. While Ganondorf may like to lead the world into trouble, it is an orderly trouble. Everything that goes wrong has a purpose (or a theoried purpose). Ganondorf and Majora would not be a good mix when it comes to mindset as it would lead to order fighting chaos. But it would still make an enjoyable scene.

squirrelguys

Hero of Slimes
I voted no. Because Majora's powers have been shown to be yes insane but also strong. We also have to consider what form and incarnation Ganon is in when confronting Majora. I think I read somewhere maybe even in the game that Majora was a god like entity that an ancient tribe sealed into a mask so theres that to consider also.

I voted no. Because Majora's powers have been shown to be yes insane but also strong. We also have to consider what form and incarnation Ganon is in when confronting Majora. I think I read somewhere maybe even in the game that Majora was a god like entity that an ancient tribe sealed into a mask so theres that to consider also.

I'm certain that the tribe created the mask. And the tribe didn't seal evil in the mask, the mask itself was sealed into shadow.

zeldakid895

Zelda's Kid
Yes, I believe that Ganondorf can control Majora's power. I believe that Ganondorf is stronger, maybe because he has the Triforce of Power, but he does require many more things to beat him, like the power of the sages and the Master Sword, but Majora can be defeated with the Kokiri Sword.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom