• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Connor Kenway in Assassin's Creed Unity?

I don't know how known this idea is so I thought I'd make a thread about it (sorry if there's been one).
I saw several videos on YouTube on the lead up to E3 with people speculating that the protagonist in AC:Unity would be Connor Kenway himself, but obviously this didn't turn out to be the case. However, I do think it's pretty plausible that he might appear in the game as one of the main NPC characters. If you're not familiar with the evidence that suggests this, here you go!

SPOILERS FOR PRETTY MUCH THE WHOLE ASSASSIN'S CREED SERIES SO FAR, although nothing MAJOR, but significant plot points, you have been warned :P

1. The time periods of the American and French Revolutions would allow Connor to still just about be in his prime during the course of Unity, and we'd perhaps see a Connor similar to the older Ezio from towards the end of Brotherhood.

2. All of the Assassin's so far have had definitive endings, apart from Connor. Altair through Assassin's Creed Revelations, Ezio through the Assassin's Creed Embers (short film) and Edward through Assassin's Creed Forsaken (the novelization of ACIII). Since this makes it clear that the developers like to show the whole stories of their characters, perhaps we've yet to see the end of Connor's story?

3. Let the more meaty evidence begin! This is one of the two most solid ones that are actually quotes from Assassin's Creed III. In Valley Forge, when Connor speaks to Lafayette, Lafayette expresses an interest in Connor coming to... Paris! I'll quote:
"One day, when all this is over, I will invite you to Paris to stay with me and my family. She is the most beautiful city in the world, Connor, full of art and culture, women and wine". -Lafayette to Connor.

4. Finally, the second quote, this time from Juno. At the end of the game, when Connor buries the amulet for Desmond, Juno appears and says to him-
"It will never be enough. You strive for that which does not exist. Still you have made a difference. And you will do so again".
"And you will do so again strongly suggests Connor making another big difference in the world, and since this is the second game about a revolution, it's pretty clear that this is what Juno could be talking about!

So there we are, what do you guys think? Do you think he WILL be in it? Do you want him to? What do you think will happen to him if he does appear in the game?

DISCUSS!

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Pretty interesting theory I'd not even though about or seen discussed much, and it does seem quite plausible too. Ubisoft does like to tie all the Assassin Creed games together, and in more ways than just the Animus, so it could be a thing and it'd be a pretty cool thing to see. Hell, Altair and Ezio have sort of communicated with one another across time so it's definitely not far-fetched to have 2 Assassins who are around the same time period to have some kind of interaction with one another. And it would be good for Connor too; I always found him, all through-out AC3, to be a very 2-dimensional character, quite dull and devoid of much character, which was quite jarring when comparing him to his predecessors, especially Ezio, but bringing him into Unity would be great to allow his character a bit more space to grow. And he'll likely be much more of a wild-card compared to the French Assassins. It'd be nice to hear his opinion compared to theirs.

I guess we'll see in time what happens, I'll be snapping up Unity as soon as it comes out on PC so will find out quickly I hope, but it's a decent theory I would love to see proved correct. Do I think it will be... Hmm. I'm kind of leaning on maybe. If he isn't featured in the game I would kind of assume he might be mentioned, Connor that is, but it'd be nice to see a returning face. :) Ol' chuckles himself.

New piece of info. Obviously IMDB isn't exactly famous for always being right about everything, (such as listing Warwick Davis as appearing in Time Bandits), but I just stumbled on a video on YouTube showing that the IMDB page for Assassin's Creed Unity credits Noah Watts as the voice actor for, yes, Connor Kenway in Assassin's Creed Unity. (Just to clarify Watts did voice Connor in ACIII). I've checked the page myself and it is there.
Obviously we still shouldn't put 100% stock in this, but this does seem like some almost definitive proof that Connor will be in the game! I really hope so!

I'll embed the video here:
[video=youtube;L1QqR1MwI-A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1QqR1MwI-A&[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom