• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Confirmed to Be E10 Rated

Ahaha! just as I thought! E10 was my guess from the start. I thought that with the graphical style they went with they might want to not want parents to say 'no' to the kids who want this game, without alienate the teens and adults.

F

foundthebigkey

Getting the rating is good news, means the story and gameplay must be virtually finished.
So can we expect more spoilers soon?

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
That's just his backside, nothing too special. The moblin looks somewhat beefy, so it is natural for his muscularity to show like that. Cartoon shows tend to revolve around that kind of humor, at least the ones of today.

I never found that scream to be agonizing...actually, I never found it to be a scream at all. Sort of figured it as a roar. A roar of power, if you will.

Interesting, but it always seemed to me as though every little detail in that animation pointed to the fact that Link was undergoing agonizing pain. The scream was only the half of it....if you look at the way he hunches over and shakes as he puts it on, his short gasps right before he screams, and also, the way his face with the mask on contorts while he's screaming (especially the Zora mask) then well....it always looked like a torturous sequence to me. Regardless, the fact that it can be interpreted that way among other ways is what can make it somewhat controversial in the first place.

Also, as Sink was saying, I was a bit surprised at the thong too. It can be interpreted as Vanitas said, but that's the thing about the controversial stuff Nintendo slips in...usually there are interpretations to them that can justify their inclusion, yet can be shared by other more questionable interpretations.

Anyway the point is, Skyward Sword will probably have its share of that sort of thing as well.

Last edited:
I don't care what it's rated; it's a Zelda game! I'd love to see an M-rated Zelda game, as unlikely as that is, but I'm okay with E10. I was expecting T based mostly on the inclusion of the finishing blow seen in Twilight Princess, but I was wrong. Oh well.

kaimason1

the Wanderer
I would never like to see M on a Zelda game. It goes against pretty much everything the series is about. For M we'd need a high level of violence, which is against the whole feel of the world.

Pretty much what I expected. Content-wise, it's identical to Twilight Princess, it's just adjusted for the cartoonier (that a word?) graphics, sort of like Wind Waker. Also, E10+ seems to be all the rage now, and a lot of A-list Nintendo titles are getting this rating, like OoT 3D and Star Fox 64 3D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom