• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Concept for a mechanic that would be very interesting in a Zelda game

I've always dreamed of a game that has the same mechanics as Psychonauts and Anodyne 2. You go into the minds/subconscious of the people of Hyrule which are laid out as dungeons, go through dungeons to find out what's wrong with the NPC and even fight mental monsters... Whenever I see a steampunk art of Link wearing goggles, my imagination goes wild. The problem would be how an equivalent of the "Psycho Portals" and the "Goggles" that Razputin wears could fit into the Zelda universe, alternatively something completely new could be made that works in the same way tho, so can someone help me come up with something? (It's worth mentioning that Majoras Mask introduced this mechanic in the moon section where you enter the children's minds, and a canceled fan game did something similar, but involving dreams, The Shadowgazer.)

Though Majora's Mask comes really close with the parallels to psychonauts with the constant theming of troubled souls and solving their problems. A normal mechanic would probably fit more so in the adult timeline, given the fact that we already have trains in Spirit Tracks.

Though Majora's Mask comes really close with the parallels to psychonauts with the constant theming of troubled souls and solving their problems. A normal mechanic would probably fit more so in the adult timeline, given the fact that we already have trains in Spirit Tracks.
I wonder how Link would acquire this psychic power and why it would be wrapped up in an goggle...

Who's to say it has to be a goggle? It could very well be some other Item. Like I said, the closest thing we've gotten was Majora's Mask. There's also the fact that the Wind Waker was used to control Medli and Makar. It could very easily be a musical instrument of some kind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom