• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Composer Brothers: Mario and Luigi?

Ive just been snooping around some threads when i saw a picture of the composer brothers and realized they totally resemble Mario and Luigi. one of them is short and red, and the other is tall and green. I'm not trying to prove anything, I'm not trying to be some annoying 10 year old saying "the composer brothers ARE mario and luigi! TERMINA IS THE MUSHROOM KINGDOM!!!! nah, im just pointing it out to those who havent already noticed. :yes:

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
I think similar comparisons can be made with Talon and Ingo (aided by the Bowser medallion one person on that farm wears). But I'm more than sure that's common knowledge by now...

Twilight

Storming Twilight
Not just that, Zelda has many other references to Mario, not only or characters aspects but on enemies and decorations too.

Check out that mask on his pack. Looks somewhat familiar.

250px-Happy_Mask_Salesman_Artwork_(Majora%27s_Mask).png

If you play Link's Awakening there is goombas and piranha plants, and even some pictures of mario characters.

In OOT There are pictures of Mario characters if you look out the window before you talk to Zelda. You can even shoot marios painting with your slingshot for 20 rupees

Crono

Hylian Rebel
These references could be due to Zelda and Mario being created by the same person from the same company, I could be wrong though ;)

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
While I know that there are tons of references between the Mario and Zelda franchises, I'd say the composer brothers aren't one of them. The character design is completely different except for the (wrong-colored) mustaches. They don't act like our favorite plumbers. And they aren't even red and green. Sharp is red, Flat is blue. If it really was supposed to be a Mario reference, I think it would have been more obvious.

Might be an "eye of the beholder" thing, though.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
Just think about how the Happy Mask Salesman acquired that particular mask. He had to meet Mario and play the Song of Healing on his invisible organ. And then Mario would lose the mask and turn into... well, what exactly? Wow, this is nightmare fuel.

Oh, and on that screenshot, Flat still looks more blue than green to me.

Octo Rocked

Dr. Octorokapus BLAAAAAH!
I'm fairly certain that they were, in fact, a reference. For one thing, they do bear some resemblance to Mario and Luigi (if Mario and Luigi were pitch-black ghost conductors, that is) and even share a similar duo name (Mario Brothers/Composer Brothers). It is a bit of a stretch, but I'd say they're definitely a reference. Of course, even within OoT, there's a more obvious one: Talon and Ingo.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
For one thing, they do bear some resemblance to Mario and Luigi (if Mario and Luigi were pitch-black ghost conductors, that is)
Which they aren't... ;)
and even share a similar duo name (Mario Brothers/Composer Brothers).
By that logic, both the Mario Bros and the the Composers are a reference to either the Coen Brothers, the Bellamy Brothers or the Brothers Grimm. It's virtually the same name. ;)
It is a bit of a stretch, but I'd say they're definitely a reference.
It might be a reference, but it's too much of a stretch to use the word "definitely".
Of course, even within OoT, there's a more obvious one: Talon and Ingo.
Which makes me wonder why they would include two sets of references in one game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom