• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Completion Meter

E

evilpwner

I don't think they should have a completion bar. Kind of takes away the classic Zelda feel, if you know what I mean. It'd be nice, but for some reason I just don't think it would fit :/

S

Sephiroth

Not really a fan of these kind of things. Like a previous poster mentioned I don't like to know how far along in the game I am. Especially for Zelda. Personally I can't see it happening anyway as it doesn't seem like something Nintendo would do. I just don't think it suits Zelda.

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
I have some problems with the idea of a compleation meter in a Zelda game. Only because I don't always want to know how close I am to compleation, it gives me this sence that this is my quest, my journey and that there is no way to possibly know how long it will take me to reach my destination (the final boss).

It would be okay for a Master Quest title however, because thats all about conquering the best opsticals they can throw at you in a familiar journey.

That's my problem with it as well. I hate it when people tell me how far I am in the game. It does two things for me:

1. irritate me(lol =P)
2. Diminishes the feeling of how long the game REALLY is. No one likes a short game.

However! I would support the completion meter if it was strictly for collectibles in the game. for example, I liked how in OoT they told us how many Gold skulltulas there were in the game. But I wish they would have told us how many heart pieces there were.

You see what I'm saying? =P

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
I agree with Piece of Heart, I don't want to know how much i've completed of the game, only how much i've completed of collectibles.
Then again, I don't want a completion meter, I love it when I've beaten the game, and there is something I haven't found before, such as the explodable wall in TP's field, which leads to a very long dark underground caves. I like suprise, but still, I want to know my completion of collections.

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
That would be great, as a lot of Zelda players try to get 100%, and this would encourage more people to do it if they know how much farther they need to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom