• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Comparing Ocarina of Time to Majora's Mask

Hierarch7

~The Wolf~
Hello forum,

Here's a quick question on your opinion of the comparison of Oot and MM. How they differ from each other, story board, ect.

:triforce: Don't forget to comment:triforce:

Hierarch7

~The Wolf~
Ugh, Sorry again forum, I'm having some technical difficulties with the "poll" option. Instead just compare Oot and MM if you'd like.

:triforce: Embarassed that the poll didnt' work a second time :triforce:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask were alike, if that is what you mean. I think MM made better use of OoT's graphics. Like, some of the reused character models (Adult Malon) looked better in MM (Cremia :3), at least to me they did. OoT was more of an adventure, MM holds true to its Japanese Beta name (Zelda Gaiden), it was a huge sidequest that Link didn't really need to go through...

McBlizzy

Happy Mask Salesgirl
Temple/Region Comparison

Are you ready for this? I don't think you are, I don't think anyone is going to read this once they see how long it is but here goes anyways!

The Ocarina of Time had a lot of good ideas yes, but I found the sequence to get very... disappointing. Forest, Fire, Water! Okay now that I'm an adult what next? Forest, Fire, Water! Are you serious? I have to go through Forest, Fire, Water AGAIN!? LAME! The Shadow Temple was probably the best part of the Ocarina of Time The only thing that was annoying about it was that you had to go back in time and visit the dried out well! That kind of broke the smooth adult transition. But you got the Song of Storms, which is my favorite Ocarina Song, oh and the Eye of Truth! That came in handy in the Shadow Temple!

The amount of temples in the Ocarina of Time kind of wore me out when playing it through again. By the time I got to the Spirit Temple I was done, because that's another temple where you have to go back in time and almost do like a mini temple before hand! THEN having to do MORE mini temples once I got to Ganons Tower REALLY pushed me over the edge! It was kind of unique how they threw elements of the other temples into a temple (Like the Shadow Temple in the Forest door if I remember correctly) But it was annoying to go over those 6 temples ALL OVER AGAIN!

The Majora's Mask was much more... Structured! To say... There were 4 separate, defined regions. It started out a little basic but got more complex as you went along. Yes it started with a Forest type temple but next was Ice, which completely broke the sequence! It was so unexpected! Everyone probably thought "Mountain... Death Mountain = Fire!" But it was the complete opposite! Every region kind of had three separate areas as well. There always seemed to be a main village, a few extra places and then the actual temple place. (God that was a horrible description!)
Here's a basic example: In Great Bay there was the main part of the Bay where the doctors hut was and the spider house was as well. There was a Pirates Fortress and Pinnacle Rock. Then we got to the main village with all the Zoras, and from there we could go up to the top of the water fall. This, one region was split into several other places with a lot of significance to completing the quest, which I found was rather fun to explore! Especially Ikana Canyon!

Well that's the start of my comparison, I could go on forever but I doubt anyone even bothered to read this XD I'm very biased towards the Majora's Mask for some reason... I've considered writing an entire article devoted to comparing Ocarina of Time to Majora's Mask... What do you think? :embarrassed:

Last edited:
I prefer Ocarina of Time if I just want to jump into a game, but if I'm in the mood to get really involved I'd probably pop in Majora's Mask.

Z

ZZhobbit

I found that MM dragged out more so than OoT simply because it required you to go back in time repetitively and do alot of the time the same thing over again, OoT just kept going, although the end game (Shadow,Spirit) was probably the best and most unique part

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom