• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Collecter's Edition

Mthegreat

Long Time, No See.
yo
i was wonderin how many of u have the collecter's edition disk for gc
if u do tell me wat u think bout it
ups downs and all arounds

Ganondork

goo
I do!
Basically, it's a 4 in one disk. LoZ, AoL, OoT, and MM. It gets rid of the needs to keep the old systems around and it's accessible on wii. Plus it has two little cute videos on Zelda's history and a demo for WW. I bought it 2 years ago and I still find joy in it. BUT MM does occasionally freeze up, so save often.

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
BUT MM does occasionally freeze up, so save often.

I have the same problem with mine. I HATE it when that happens! It froze up on me after I spent a lot of time and effort coolecting heart pieces! The worst part was, I'd gotten NINE pieces, and was ABOUT to use the Song of Time to save when it froze up on me! :kawaii: That REALLY annoyed me. Havn't touched it since.

Ganondork

goo
I have the same problem with mine. I HATE it when that happens! It froze up on me after I spent a lot of time and effort coolecting heart pieces! The worst part was, I'd gotten NINE pieces, and was ABOUT to use the Song of Time to save when it froze up on me! :kawaii: That REALLY annoyed me. Havn't touched it since.
Yeah, I agree. I know the feeling how you do so well, fail and then just give up. But if you haven't beaten MM yet (nor have I) you should keep going. For me, I got signs, like a slight lag, slight relapses, stuff you experience on a slow computer. Also, it helps if you just go back in time after you obtain a good collectable, like a piece of heart or mask. Works for me and if you go back in time constantly, the freezing is less likely. My freezes never occured in the first day/night or second day/night, only the third, even when using inverse song of time.

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Yeah, I agree. I know the feeling how you do so well, fail and then just give up. But if you haven't beaten MM yet (nor have I) you should keep going. For me, I got signs, like a slight lag, slight relapses, stuff you experience on a slow computer. Also, it helps if you just go back in time after you obtain a good collectable, like a piece of heart or mask. Works for me and if you go back in time constantly, the freezing is less likely. My freezes never occured in the first day/night or second day/night, only the third, even when using inverse song of time.

Oh, I've beaten it already. Three times. This heart piece catastrophe happened to me when I was trying to go back through my original playthrough and get everything I missed.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I've actually never had MM freeze on me, guess I'm just lucky, but then again I've not really played all that much and I save like crazy so that may be it.

I'm very fond of the Collectors Edition disk; I got it as a gift from a friend who never really got into Zelda. Her loss I suppose, I never had any of the old systems so having OoT and MM for the GC was wonderful. Perhaps one day I may actually go play LoZ and AoL, but as of now it's just nice knowing they're there if I ever do get the will to play them.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I don't have the collectors disc, because I don't actually have a need for it. I have LoZ, AoL, OoT, AND MM all on my Wii for virtual console, along with ALttP. I also have WW, so I essentially have the Collectors editions, take or add a little content.

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I don't have the collectors disc, because I don't actually have a need for it. I have LoZ, AoL, OoT, AND MM all on my Wii for virtual console, along with ALttP. I also have WW, so I essentially have the Collectors editions, take or add a little content.
That reminds me, what exactly is virtual console? I have no idea.

Ganondork

goo
Virtual Console is an addition to the Wii allowing you to buy games from N64 and later. That's how I finished ALttP when my gameboy one's saving died. It's a good thing really, got me into final fantasy. Also let me know Donkey Kong country returns might not be as good as game informer let it on to be.

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Virtual Console is an addition to the Wii allowing you to buy games from N64 and later. That's how I finished ALttP when my gameboy one's saving died. It's a good thing really, got me into final fantasy. Also let me know Donkey Kong country returns might not be as good as game informer let it on to be.

Oh, I see. Sounds awesome. Although, I'd rather keep my gamecube version. Because unlike the wii, the gamecube in my house is in MY room!

The Collecter's disk is a cool thing to have if you're a hardcore Zelda fan, but I really feel that it's not worth the money. It has a bad version of Majora's Mask. Plus now that all of the old console Zelda games are on the Wii's Virtual Console, plus a good version of MM there's really no point in buying the Collecter's disk nowadays.

MidnaOfTheTwili

Link x Zelda
I have the collector's edition and I love it. I'm going to use it to play LoZ and AoL since I don't own their original systems, the (S)NES. Before I got the actual WW game, I used to love goofing around on the demo. I used it to play OoT before I got that actual game too. I don't think I ever played MM on the demo, because we have the actual game for the gamecube so I never needed to. :)

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
I love the collectors edition because it allows you to play many classic zelda games all while using th egreat Gamecube controller. It also allows you to play little bits of WW which was fun for me since i didnt have WW and it let me decide that I wanted it. The only down to it is sometimes it is hard to use the joystick for games such as the Legend of Zelda (NES) but you can just use the control pad instead.

Mthegreat

Long Time, No See.
so yall r sayin that.........................................................................IT FREAKIN ROOOOOOOOOOOCKS

.......with minor problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom