• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Coincidence or Not?

HookShotFTW

Weapon of a Lifetime
I just started my third playthrough of SS and I noticed something. I noticed that Gully looks like Tingle. If you notice he has um..swirly things on his cheeks but his body shape is similar to tingles right down to the long head(although I always assumed that it was just his hat). So what do you think coincidence or not

I dont think its supposed to be him, but i will say...

that kid is the CREEPIEST thing ever in a zelda game! I avoid him completely! Gahh, he's scary! ..yes, i am 16.. but this kid is freakier than a redead. Im glad he isnt a reference to tingle.

Yeah man... it's over analyzing... especially when you consider the fact that Tingle was a middle aged man and that kid is just a well... a kid.

Djinn

and Tonic
I'm kind of upset about that Tingle doll. If Wind Waker is much later in the timeline, why do they make dolls of him in SS?

It is just mean to be an easter egg. Jyst a small nod to other aspects of the series. Timelines never really come into it when developers add those. The Breath of Fire series has cameos from characters from previous games all the time and it makes little to no sense in the game whatsoever. It's just a "Hey they snuk that guy in here! Cool."

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I don't view this as intentional. The same could be said about Malo taking after Gully, because there are also red spots on his cheeks. As a matter of fact, now that I think of it, the too do compare fairly well if you match their designs. Gully only seems to be a slightly older version of Malo. That short tuft of hair sticking out from Malo's head could have grown into the stand-up strands atop Gully's skull, a cameo appearance at best.

So I'd claim this as no coincidence since it has even less bearing in resemblance to Tingle.

i kinda think coincidence because it must be hard to create completely new and different characters every zelda game, but i wish they did have a tingle in this one ;(

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Who's Gully? Is he the kid at the beginning who is looking for the bug in the tree or the guy who wanted the Stamina Potion?

Who's Gully? Is he the kid at the beginning who is looking for the bug in the tree or the guy who wanted the Stamina Potion?

Edit: The guy who wants the Stamina Potion is Fledge, so who is Gully?

I don't think so. I wish they did put Tingle in the game though or somebody more like him. I guess it would'nt have made all that much sense though haha.

I think it is just a little reference, can't really say if they are direct ancestors. It's like the equipment salesman and the Happy Mask Salesman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom