• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Close Calls In the Silent Realm

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
The first couple Silent Realms, my heart was beating the fastest it ever has during a video game. Of course I basically sprinted as much as could through the areas, even when it safe, just to get it over with :S I mostly got caught by the lanterns and landed in the waking water once in Faron. A few times I had the guardians right on my tail, I would be running and my stamina ran out, so I have no choice but to slowly walk and wait, limply, while I recover. I got away more times than I should have, and was able to sprint away right before the swords came down.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
I think my closest call might be in Nayru's Silent Realm. I got a tear by rolling into a tree. The next tear was close by that field of Watchers. I got the tear, and I couldn't really find an opening to get past them. So I just decided to run for it. I was spotted, then I tried to run for the tear that was on the stairs to the Mining Facility. I was being chased by 2 Flying Guardians. I made it to the edges of the Facility, and tried to run across the quicksand so that I could be able to go up the stairs. But my stamina was already low, so I sank. I tried again, and got hit.

I kind-of liked the Skyloft Silent Realm. It was the easiest to me probably because I knew my way around Skyloft a lot.

I was ok with all of them. In the Skyloft one, there was a tear that was circled by 4 watchers. I somehow managed to get in the circle, grab the tear, and get out undetected. It was my last tear and the most dramatic moment for me. My timing normally sucks so I was so nervous.

R

Rupayan

Hahaha reading about these Silent Realm adventures... so funny...

My experience? I thought it was one of the most stressful and scary parts of any Zelda game. And I loved it.

Well not at first. I was freaking out because of the scary music and all that stuff when the guards were chasing after you. It really got my adrenaline pumping. Somehow, I enjoyed and hated it at the same time.

My most frustrating experience was during the silent realm at the volcano. There was a certain tear near the area where you had to run up a lot, or you would slide down. Anyways, the tear was in the side section, where you had to slide down and go to the side. It was a dead end, and there were tons of watchers around it. Also, it was my last one. So I thought that I would just run by the watchers and not care if they saw me and just get the tear. What I didn't realize was that even after I got the tear, they kept running after me, alerting the guardians immediately. So I was done... But then they hit me, and I had to do the entire thing all over again.

Nonetheless, I really liked the unique twist on things, even though I dreaded having to do them each time.

In Nayrus trial, I finally got all the 15 tears. But my last tear was the one farthest away from the trial gate/exit, so I tried to carefully make my way across the desert. I of course got caught, so I ran all the way, the stamina meter went all the way down, and got hit by the mace wielding guardian while I was about 10 inches away from the trial gate/exit. I was so angry.

everettkagan

Major SS and Oot fan!
I had one in nayru's trial. I was trying to get a tear, and suddenly all the watchers woke up. i grabbed that fruit that puts the beacons on the tears, and i raced towards the tear, but a watcher was on the other side and he slashed at me just as soon as he slashed me. I actually made it, and from then on i was not scared of the watchers at all.(i dont know why.)

P

Princesszelda97

The silent realms scared me to death!! but I only had to redo the first silent realm in faron woods. Otherwise ive had some pretty close calls!

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
I somehow managed to get in the circle, grab the tear, and get out undetected. It was my last tear and the most dramatic moment for me. My timing normally sucks so I was so nervous.

Same here. The Skyloft Silent Realm was a lot easier than I thought. Maybe I used the right path. I'm just glad that those watchers were slow and were Sky Watchers. Earth Watchers would be bad.

Here's another story at Eldin Volcano Silent Realm. I was running out of time and I couldn't find the last tears. So I just decided to have fun before getting hit. You know how those flying guardians hit? Well I stood in front of them, did a backflip, and successfully dodged. I tried again, failed, and got pushed into lava. Since then, I wasn't scared.

L

LoZ1986

In Lanayru, they would be half a second from catching me as I climbed the blocks surrounding the Mining Facility...All the time

N

Nattack110

I don't know about everyone else but the first time I went through the Faron Woods's Silent Realm... My heart was beating so fast like no joke it scared the pee outta me... Yeah... Way to test my courage

S

SlurpeeTigger

yea, the skyloft silent realm gave me the most trouble, could not find the correct path to get all 15 without waking them, and had to run like heck to get the final 2 tears.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I was in Din's Realm, and I didn't know where my last tear was. It turns out it was on the slope-thing, so I dashed over there, from the other side of the area, so I only had a few seconds left to grab the last tear. While I was riding down the slope, I ran out of time and the Guardians were after me. I tried to hurry and the result was that I missed the slope. So, with the Guardians close on my back, I ran around to the top again, but I still failed. I was really frustrated, but finally got it on my third try. Amazingly, the Guradians never caught me, it was pretty unbelievable.

Link8150

The 8150th Link
Nayru's Silent Realm was probably the hardest, and the one where I had the most close calls. I died once in Nayru's Realm and once in Din's Realm (In Din's Realm I was hit trying to climb up a ledge), in Nayru's Realm I died once, and then I almost died again on three other occasions trying to figure out how to obtain the tear in the tree.

Zukoia

DestiaDestroyerOfBokoblin
o_O I don't get why Nayru's realm was that hard. I never got caught/seen on my first try, but their still heart racing. My only close calls were in skyloft. in particular the one on the graveyard. That one was the most annoying ever to get out without being seen. The circle is easy in skyloft. Wait till the go to the outside when there is a small gap just run straight on.And on the Slide in Din's I get it the easy way, go to the platform where you got the goddess cube then aim jump and dash past the waking water.

LnktheWolf

The Sacred Wolf of Legend
One time in Din's silent realm I was on the rope trying to get the tear, and a floating guardian was right next to me. It swung it's sword and I swung out of the way just in time, this happened 2 more times I think until I finally got the tear (I would have gotten a hold of it sooner but the thing was RIGHT next to me).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom