• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Close Calls In the Silent Realm

In all the trials on the way to the trial gate after you get all the tears those guardians with the bells catch me then all the guardians chase after me for a race to the finish !

skybird11

state alchemist
in din's, i didn't know where the last tear was and i got caught by a watcher on the western slope. i found a fruit and located the beam of light which was around the small village with the thrill drigger game. i ran up the hill but a flying gaurdian was there so i turned back. i ran to the bottom, jumped in the fan, hoping to go around, but at that moment i knew the silent realm wouldn't let me. so i was like oh crap. then i ran as far east as you can go and got to the bottom, ran all the way back up the western slop, barely missing the previous gaurdian, and collected the tear. i was on the run for a long time.

shaymin1

Derp.
Once when I had just got all the tears I had one of the watchers catch me. I was running from the guardians for about ten minutes until I finally got to the end.

I HATE THE WATCHERS.

Everyone has such intense close calls! By the time I got to the Skyloft Silent Realm, I felt so ninja because I was purposefully getting caught by watchers so I could run through other stuff without having to worry about being caught each time... then I would shut everyone up once I got the tear! It was pretty epic!

This doesn't really count as a close call because I actually got hit, but it was still pretty scary...

In Lanayru's Silent Realm, I accidentally got caught by the water underneath the cart that you had to pull to get the tear that was in midair. I purposefully left the tears that were on top of the mining facility so I could grab them quickly if I needed them. As I was climbing up the wall to the tear, a guardian came through the wall and hit me! It was terrifying... one minute there's nothing there and the next minute, something is coming right towards me! I had to do it over, but I was careful about the water the second time! Lol!

pit0010

GAME IT LIFE IS TO SHORT
Those guardians freak me out! when i finished collecting all of the tears in faron woods, i accidentally touched the water and the guardians chased me all the way back to the starting point. i was panicing for the first time and nearly fainted

In the Lanayru Desert silent realm, I was trying to get the one over the minecart with the water around it, it was my last one and was so stressful with the guardians comming after me

seahawk1

Guardian of Koholint
In Din's silent realm, near the area of the summit entrance, I had a few tears to go. I saw one on a ledge next to a sky guardian and grabbed it. Then, instead of going down the ramp I came up, I just jumped off... into a pool of waking water. "Oh S***" I exclaimed (right next to my 9 and 7 yearold sisters lol) Ok, the slide's near here. they can't chase me on the slide, I thought. I was also able to pick up another tear on the slide...and also able to slide into another bleepin' pool of waking water! So 2 Sky gaurdians had me pinned to the wall and I didn't know I could easily roll past them. I kept jumping into the lava, hoping to escape or at least distract them. I eventually gave up and let one of them kill me. I still can't beat that silent realm(of course, I haven't tried since then, but still)

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I had a really close call in the Skyloft Silent Realm. The last tear I collected was in the graveyard, and soon after I collected it I got caught by a watcher. I ran really hard for the trial gate with a guardian following me and then I accidentally ran out of stamina! I had to wait for my stamina to replinish and that was plenty of time for the guardian to catch up to me. My stamina replinished like a half a second before the guardian could hit me, and I pulled off a back flip just as it swung its sword, and very very narrowly dodged it. I ran to the gate and finished the silent realm.

I haven't done the Skyloft one yet but in the Eldin Volcano one I was on the rope going for the last tear. The guardian's sword was right next to me as I grabbed it.

D-Lo G

Author of Short Stories
I was terrified to step out of the circle at the beggining. I finished it after about 3 tries, and I did have a few close calls. I got the last tear just as a guardian took a swing at me.

The first time I went into the Silent Realm, in Faron Woods, I was able to collect all the tears on the second go (on the first go I deliberately let myself be caught to see what would happen). Once I collected all the tears, I heaved a sigh of relief when I found the last one, thinking it was all over. But no, Fi says I have to get back to the entrance.
So I started going back but then while I was going through the tunnel one of the watchers saw me and the guardians came after me. Sugar. When I got out of the tunnel I was able to narrowly avoid being hit by one of the guardians and began dashing back to the entrance. I was sure I was doomed when my stamina meter ran out but by some miracle I was able to get it back and start dashing again before they were able to catch me.
And so after what seemed like the longest run ever I was able to reach the entrance or rather exit, with the guardians RIGHT BEHIND ME. I was practically hyperventilating when I reached safety. :lol:

Din'sFlame

Sizzlin'
So in Lanayru Desert, there was a tear on the top of a tree. I ran out of time and I had four of the flying, double-sworded Guardians chasing me. It was nearly a minute, and I had like no stamina left, so I accidentally rolled into the tree and a tear falls on top of me, just when the Guardians were ready to swing. I was so happy.

I had a hard time with the Eldin Silent Realm. I had to do it three times.

Also, in the Skyloft Silent Realm, I was literally a foot away from the tear with a Guardian chasing me (The walking ones with the giant sword) and I roll in to the tear, but I missed it by an inch and then the Guard hits me. I was so angry!

But the very first silent realm, when you step out of the ring for the first time, and all the Guardians wake up, for the first time, and when the screen got all yellowish, and nearly peed myself. That shocked the heck out of me.

Last edited:
Lanayru desert- try attempt; god knows. One last tear, guardians hunting me down. I grab the tear while a guardian is in mid swing KABOOM.... FAIL!

Eldin - the last tear, sliding down the hill and aiming for the air geyser; Tear collected, the way home is open. Only way to get there is the long way. I slide down the slope... into some Waking Water. cue a foot race up the volcano with guardians on your tail... TENSE!

i hate the silent realms... so much stress...

Beeker

Wild Card
The other day, I was playing the Eldin Silent Realm. I was running up a hill and got caught by one of the floating lantern wielding enemies. Since there was a tear right there I thought I would be safe.

But suddenly a Guardian appeared. And it came out RIGHT FROM THE GROUND ITSELF. I was suddenly scared by this. But, I did manage to find an open spot to run around and collect the tear ='D

That's the only time I was legit scared from the Silent Realm. Most other times I just get all tensed and suspenseful.

In skyloft my last tear was the one on the light tower. I waited till the lantern sentry went past before climbing but obviously didn't wait long enough because it noticed me anyway and then it was a freakout dash climb to the top where I literally ran between the guardians blades as they pulled back the slash me to grab the tear. I totally sat at the top and made sure that dumb sentry was no where in site before I just dropped all the way (screw climbing!) and ran to the circle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom