• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Clay Sculpture can't decide

Which Should I Do First

• Hylian Shield

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sage Medallions From OoT

• Lens of Truth

• Total voters

Djinn

and Tonic
Personally, I believe that if you are just getting started you should begin with something simple and easy to do. Then work toward the more complex shapes and sculpts. Generally when you start out trying the most complex design it takes too long and the complexities of it become discouraging causing almost anyone to quit before the work is done. If you start out with something a little simpler like the sage medallions you will get a much better feel for how to use the clay and will not be discouraged as much if you reach a harder spot.

Of course the more complex things are always the cooler looking ones, so it sways the decision.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I've sculpted before and it was a Rainbow Rupee so I thought I'd do another LoZ reference since I'm called Zelda Geek at school.

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
You're also called Zelda Freak, which in some ways is more appropriate. But still, sage medallions. Those would make awesome necklaces, but the lens of truth and Hylian shield aren't really good for anything (unless you make the shield life size, of course.) And I'm still stealing your idea to make the lens of truth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom