• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Classic Literature That You Genuinely Find Entertaining.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Be it classical myths, novels, allegories, fables, or such, what are some pieces of classical literature that you genuinely find entertaining?

I personally love these classic stories:

• The Iliad
  • The Odyssey
  • The Journey to the West
  • Both the Prose and Poetic Eddas.
  • King Arthur tales of all kinds.
  • Don Quixote
  • The Divine Comedy
  • Beowulf
And I don't mean modern classics, I mean much older tales.

So which ones do you genuinely find entertaining?

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Thirukkural
Translated to 60+ world languages, it talks about a wide variety of topics from rain to etiquette of students

Bhagvad Gita
Tho I don't belong to any religion now, Our school used to host competition for reciting this piece of literature. I once got a 2nd prize at 2nd grade and 3rd prize the next year.

Grimms' fairy tales
I used to read a chapter every night until I completed it. Found on ibooks at a fair price

Three Men In a boat

Kirino

Tatakae
I've always been interested in classic literature and mythology, so I'd say I find most entertaining. Both The Iliad and The Odyssey still hold up well in this regard, imo. The former is a pretty riveting war story whose descriptions of battle, even if repetitive, are vivid enough to draw you in, while the latter is very enjoyable as a sort of whimsical adventure story. I find Greek and Roman plays especially entertaining and well-made, even if I'm only reading them. I'm also pretty fond of mythology, especially Mesopotamian myths.

I've been meaning to branch out and read a classic Chinese novel like the Romance of the Three Kingdoms or an Indian epic like the Ramayana, but I'm intimidated by their sheer length. I definitely plan to at some point, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom