• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Classic Areas or New Areas??

Which are you more excited to see? New areas or classic areas?

• New Areas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Classic Areas

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

David

But you called me here...
I would love to have all new areas. Though I love the current areas of Hyrule, I think that new places would be very welcome and a nice change.

TNinja

Of the Gorons
I would love to have both, but if i could only have one, probably new places. But there will most likely be new places anyway in this game since there will be Skyloft.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Classic areas in an underdeveloped fashion would be awesome. Death Mountain is one of my favorite areas in the entire Zelda series. If we had that area, filled with lava (that burns you), giant rocks that crash down on you, and of course Gorons who provide information/want to sumo wrestle, then I'd be happy. I understand new areas because of Skyloft, but Hyrule really can't be any different in SS than it is in OoT (unless SS is 1000+ years, considering the Master Sword isn't yet legendary...).

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I'm a bit torn. The fact that Skyward Sword will be a prequel is an excellent point, and as such almost necessitates a few classic areas. I don't think it precludes new areas, though - I'd like to see some neighboring areas, like how Twilight Princess contained Ordon. And if you think about it, Skyloft itself will be a new area; hopefully it will be more than just a central area and will be as explorable as Hyrule.

If possible, I'd like old areas that we didn't realize were old areas until after a certain point. For example, I quite like TheGreen's example of the lost woods before it became a maze. Another example: accidentally (or intentionally) flooding an area that contained a temple and this being the origin of the water temple.

Last edited:

figthersword

Hylian Coward
I've choose new areas, why? because there are a lot of new environments to be explore even secrets also.

However classic areas are great, it make's me nostalgic specially the area of termina field in Majoras Mask.

A

ajj487

their obviously are going to be both, because the world below is hyrule, and the world above is skyloft, i know it wasn't the real question like i think he meant kakario village, hyrule castle (i dont think Hyrule castle will be in the game), ect. btw i sadly have to say i think tingle's gonna be in this game :(, skyloft, is in the sky, and tingle has a balloon, see the connection. also wouldn't it suck if thats how you get back up to skyloft.

Overall, I would love to see some brand new areas and towns, but I would also like some classic areas mixed in. It would be cool of there were some sidequests at areas like Death mtn. or Lake Hylia to Help Gorons and Zoras, instead of it being mandatory like so many of the games. I think that if Nintendo rehashes some classic areas, but adds new elements. It could make the game. On the other hand, if Nintendo gets too repetitive, it could break the series.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
New areas would give new and fresh ideas to put in the game. But always it ALWAYS (must at least) has to include Hyrule Castle!

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I'm voting for classic areas because I know for sure there will be new areas in SS and they will be awesome, I'm looking forward to seeing those but the classic areas that are to return are what I really want to see. Of course it won't resemble anything we saw in OoT, this game takes place long enough before OoT that no areas should copy each other. In fact the only similarity between some of the areas may be their names, and everything else is just... wow different. Like Kakariko from OoT to TP, they could have the same village in SS but it would be so much different than either of those places that it would be like exploring a whole new place. Although a few ideas might transfer over to those areas, like a Kakariko Graveyard or... is it too much to ask for Dampe?? maybe... anyway it's these small ideas like the graveyard being brought over that im interested in seeing. Like another training ground in the Gerudo Fortress.

S

Souldier

Both actually, meaning that it's always interesting visiting new places, however is really nice to see the new design to the classical places, and the expansion and wierdness of our dear Hyrule field

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
I want to see more new areas proportionately than the old areas, but... I want to see old areas more than new areas. Meaning: I would rather see just the old areas than all new areas.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I too would also love to see both new and classic or just classic areas but with more life and energy in them since SwS did happen before OoT.

New area's obviously. I'm sick of seeing the same area's over and over again. Just because the same town, or area has the same and has a different landscape doesn't make it "A new area", just remodeled for that version. (EX: Karkiaro Village, Lost Woods, Faron Woods, Hyrule Castle, etc.) It's quite boring. If they do something as creative as Twilight Realm from Twilight Princess, then I'll be happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom