• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Christmas Music

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
What are your thoughts on Christmas Music?

When should it start, what are your favorite Christmas songs, ect

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Only Christmas music I'm down with

51O1o3TgWyL.jpg

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Oh gosh, I can't stand Mariah Carey.

Christmas music, for the most part, is... OK, at best. Most of it is really cheesy though, and overplayed to the point at which now it's just more annoying than anything. I used to like it, but when stores play the same playlist of 11 or 12 Christmas songs for most of November and all of December, you get tired of it really quickly. And I find almost all Christmas music sounds the same. Different genres, and different instrumentation, but at their roots, each song is the exact same.

funnier6

Courage~
Oh gosh, I can't stand Mariah Carey.

Christmas music, for the most part, is... OK, at best. Most of it is really cheesy though, and overplayed to the point at which now it's just more annoying than anything. I used to like it, but when stores play the same playlist of 11 or 12 Christmas songs for most of November and all of December, you get tired of it really quickly. And I find almost all Christmas music sounds the same. Different genres, and different instrumentation, but at their roots, each song is the exact same.
LIES ALL LIES!!

Christmas music is the embodiment of true joy of living, of love for all mankind and gives us true appreciation for one another. If Christmas music didnt already exist I wouldve invented it myself, I could listen to it every day until I die and be a happier person because of it.

...So um, yeah, o-o

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Christmas music is music in its truest form. Anyone who says otherwise is literally Satan and wishes death upon all orphans of the world. That's a scientific fact, look it up.

One must also begin playing Christmas music on November 1st and 12:01 AM. Mariah Carey is always a classic but any upbeat and jolly song would be sufficient. Of all Christmas music, though, I'd say the Little Drummer Boy is certainly my favorite.

Ninja

Well well well
I love Christmas music of all types. We have a radio station that plays non-stop Christmas music from 11/1 till 12/31.

It's the next time of year. The time where people have hope and show extra love toward one another.

My favorite jingles are:

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas
Most Wonderful Time of the Year
Jingle Bell Rock

And anything else really.

The best Christmas song ever - in my opinion

After that I'd play a many different covers of Last Christmas. There is litterally hundreds of covers of that song. I have 320 of them on my iTunes list.

Cartoonmaniac

Biggest Zelda fan this side of the South Pole
Christmas music is the best kind of music. I have Sirius XM radio, and I've been listening to the Christmas station nonstop since the 1st of November. The music is a really big part of the holiday for me, and really captures the spirit of the season.

Carol of The Bells (Instrumental) is one I always love to hear.

Trans-Siberian Orchestra all the way!

Here's the song, by the way, for anyone who hasn't heard it

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I LOVE Christmas songs! But when Christmas is over, I'm glad the radio is turning back to normal.
My absolute fav Christmas song is Happy Xmas by John Lennon.
Others I love:
Merry Christmas - Slade
Last Christmas - WHAM
Stop the Calvary - Jona Lewie (Nostalgic reasons)
Mary's Boy Child - Boney M (also nostalgic reasons)
Wish it could be Christmas Everyday - Wizzard
Lil Drummer Boy - Johnny Cash
Jinglebell Rock

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I actually love Christmas music. I know it's repetitive but still. So is all pop music throughout the year anyway. At least Christmas music is cheerful. I did hear a Christmas song in a shop the other day though and I thought it was far too early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom