• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link to the Past Chris Houlihan Room

Have you found the Chris Houlihan Room?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I think its a myth.

• Total voters

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
This room is much talked about and much sought after. It's like an urban legend in gaming. The mysterious Chris Houlihan room hidden in Alttp with the large numbers of rupees in it. Have you found it? As I understand it, five known ways of getting there exist. Which method did you use for getting there?

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
Yes, I found this room. Requirements: Ocarina, Pegasus Boots. My method:
1. Use the Ocarina and warp to location 3 (Kakariko Village)
2. Run into the "entrance" as quick as possible. If you are quick enough, it will work.

Salem

SICK
First time I saw it was by complete accident. Now THAT was freaky, specially for a 6 year old.:)

Night Owl

~Momentai
I have yet to find it for myself. I tried once and gave up after several tries.
Perhaps one day I'll go look for it again. ^^
Does anyone know if the room was kept when they made the GBA port?

1,000th post :party:

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I've always found that the "running quickly" method does not work. I got in by following that same path, but it changes when you reach the screen just south of the first bridge. You have to stand by the south edge of the screen facing south, and use a bomb to blow yourself to the southern edge of the map, then proceed along your way to that whole next to the castle like usual, and then hop on in.

Here's how I learned to do it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbID8x4DlrA

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
Yes, but it was renamed to the "Top Secret Room", I know, lame. I don't know if the method was changed or not.
The full sentence is: "My name is Chris Houlihan. This is my top secret room. Keep it between us, OK?"
In the GBA version, the bolded part was removed. Not sure about Virtual Console version, but some sources says that part was removed as well.
This room is still present in the GBA version, but SNES methods won't work. Even if there is a method to get there, you won't be able to read the message, because the telephatic tile was removed.
I've always found that the "running quickly" method does not work. I got in by following that same path, but it changes when you reach the screen just south of the first bridge. You have to stand by the south edge of the screen facing south, and use a bomb to blow yourself to the southern edge of the map, then proceed along your way to that whole next to the castle like usual, and then hop on in.

Here's how I learned to do it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbID8x4DlrA
Maybe a bomb gives you more time, but my bombless method works. No Save/Quit, no "Start from Sanctuary". Just use the Ocarina, warp to 3 and run. If you fail, go outside and try again. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrT2hiUqEh8

DarkLink17

Well then
I did find it, but it took a few tries. The way I was told was to start off at the Sanctuary, then just us the Peggy Boots to sprint all the way there.

I never used any bombs or Ocarina warping, maybe that's why it seemed so difficult. Ive never actually heard of such methods until I read some things here.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I've visited the room in GBA version, didn't think it was too special, but even so I liked it a lot. ^^

I don't remember HOW I got there, though. Maybe my latest playthrough will shapen me up? xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom