• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Childhood Dreams

Ghirahimiscool

Cucco Butt
I bet we all had a big dream we wanted to accomplish in life when we were kids. what was that dream for you? do you still believe in that dream, or have you given up on it? as a kid, I always wanted to be part of the supernatural world. I still believe in that dream, and I'm still trying for it today. what about you guys?

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
I wanted to be a hero, like Link. A hero makes the world a better place, and saves lives. If I don't strive to do that, then I consider myself a failure.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
You know that fantasy where you wish you belonged to some other set of parents who just happen to show up and whisk you away to a new and better life? <--Yep, I was a truly ungrateful kid.

Other than that, I've wanted to be a chef ever since I was about seven or eight years old, but life got in the way. I became disillusioned and that dream was never realised. One day I may return to that notion, but for now, it's not an option.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
My dreams kept changing, and ultimately as an adult I realized that there's a difference between making a dream come true and making it into your job :)

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
This isn't something I ever gave much thought. I never really had a dream or knew what I wanted to do- I still don't, really. I just always imagined I'd be a writer or something I guess.

Memory

Forgotten Life
I don't really remember that much but I do remember that I wanted to join in with the kids dancing and singing on the Hi-5 show :/

Malia

Passive aggressive custom rank B)
I used to want to be a professional wrestler lmao. Like, I used to watch pro wrestling back when it was the WWF, and I thought it looked super-cool, so that's what I wanted to do. I wanna say I got over that, but I kinda held onto that dream to about my teen years lol.

Ty.

Ok, but dogs CAN look up!
Make sure you don't just jump into it willy nilly. My brother messed himself up pretty bad trying to be a wrestler. Haha.

I always wanted to be an animator. Like, I really really wanted to animate stuff. Problem is, i'm not creative. The best I could ever learn to do is someone gives me a sketch and I model it.
But not a lot of shows (because I wanted to do cartoons, not games or anything like that) are in 3d. I can only think of like, Jimmy Neutron (i think), and like, RWBY. That said, I don't watch a lot of cartoons. It's probably more common now.

But yeah, I can't make things from scratch. I need something to work off of, like a sketch or whatever. So i'd be useless.

Aslo, this wasn't really a childhood dream, but the longer I do what i'm currently doing... the more I wish I had of taken sound engineering instead. That's pretty much the only "in" I could have had into animation.
Not to say i'm unhappy. I'm very happy. I just like to day dream in "what could have been"

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
When I was really little, I wanted to be a ballerina for some reason. XD I gave up on that in about fourth grade. Then after that, I wanted to be a marine biologist, but that vanished during high school.

However, the one dream I've always had since I was very, very young is to write a novel, and I definitely still believe in that. I will get a published book some day. I actually wrote stories before I knew how to write; I just scribbled on the page and then pretended to read it to my parents. And I still have several cute little "books" lying around comprised of stapled pieces of paper with my handwritten tales on them, with grammar and spelling errors galore. Fortunately, I just finished National Novel Writing Month this November with 50,000 words, so I'm certainly on my way to achieving my goal. The closest I ever came was The Tale of Sierra WinterBreeze, a 120,000+ word story I completed a few years ago, but that was a fanfiction... though it was surprisingly popular in the Wizard101 community, haha.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
When I was younger, I've always wanted to become a pianist, since I took piano lessons when I was 7. Aspiring to play on small stages, while others watch me play. I love playing piano, it's quite soothing. I still have that dream, but as I grow up, that dream is slowly fading away. Realizing that people around me were better than how I'm doing, I feel like it's hopeless for me to continue on for my dream. I'm still holding on that, though. It's just... fading away.

And today, I want to become an author, or a poet and illustrating my own drawings to my writings. I'm currently writing some of my on-going stories, and writing a lot of poetry. Maybe someday if I still keep holding on to that dream, I could publish it.

If all else fails, I could still be a defendant. Trying to prove possible innocence is also something I would want to do, with all the risk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom