• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Cheap(er) Stores or the More Expensive Ones?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
So suppose you have to run the errands. Would you rather go to a cheap(er) store or a more expensive one? Would you buy milk, sliced bread, peanutbutter etc for let's say $1,20 or do you rather pay $2,00 for it? Do you feel comfortable buying stuff in cheap(er) stores or do you think the quality is more poor? I have learned through the years how to spend my money and I rather buy food in a cheaper store because it's still good. There are some things though I spend more money on. But in general the cheaper stores over here are not that bad at all. They used to be but the last decennia they really caught up with the more well-known ones

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I definitely try to shop cheap currency-wise but still get the same quality. Mostly it's a test of patience and sort of a "taste-test" the first couple of times through; I can't look at a jar of milk that costs $1.45 and say "oh...this milk is worse than that more expensive one". That would be silly. But, that's dealing with food products.

Other products like jewels in the jewelry, you typically are looking for the real-deal. A diamond, for a very understandable example, will not cost $100 or even $1000. Diamonds run for over 10k where I live, and I'm talking the really small ones with a weight of like 2g or so. For those instances, shopping somewhat expensive is absolutely required.

Still, there are products whose quality is essentially static. Say there is a model of television that you are looking for, or maybe a game that you really really want. Why pay $60 when you can pay $40 (tax and shipping not included)?

octorok74

TETTAC
I go with cheap stores. No reason to spend more money on products that are just as good or better. It just doesn't make sense.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I grew up with a dad who was obsessed with finding good deals, so I'm pretty good at being smart with my money. If it's the same thing and one store sells it cheaper, of course I will buy it there. However if we're talking different types of brands, it depends on my experience with said brands. Some stuff tastes different depending on brands, other stuff tastes exactly the same and you might as well get the cheaper one. If there's a sale/promotion and it's a ware that can be stored for a while (either in a cupboard or a freezer) then I will stock up. That way I don't run out of things to eat even if my money runs out.

When it comes to other items, I like shopping online, because even factoring in shipping from other countries, I will most often save a lot of money on pretty much the same item, and if I keep it below a certain amount I don't need to pay toll on it. Stores here that import wares price them riddiculously high (cost of ware + import toll + their fee) and by finding the item directly online I can most often reduce the price to half, sometimes even a third of the price.

Last edited:

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Cheaper stores. I've never been one to concern myself with brand names and the top of the line products. I don't buy everything cheap because I like a certain amount of quality in particular products, but for the most part, I like finding deals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom