• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Champion weapons

So, we know that 'no weapon is indestructible' in BotW so says Aonuma.

This is interesting because most weapons in BotW break and shatter... but i have a theory about Link's weaponry and the other champions in BotW who wear blue scarves.

Link's weapons seem to fall into categories: swords, lances, clubs and bows.

Link will be lugging the Master Sword around.

But Mifaa the red Zora girl has a lance, Falco has a bow and the Goron (whose name i cant remember) has a club...

Call me crazy but i think Link is going to get their items. I think theyre going to gift Link them as rewards.

Now, no weapon is indestructible, but maybe these champion weapons don't break but instead become dull like the Master Sword and so need certain materials to maintain...

What do the rest of you think?
Do you have any theories on the champion weapons of the other characters?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I didn't really think about this before, but honestly I hope that's not the case just because I want to be able to adventure with them. They can't do that if they give me their weapon. :P I think the Master Sword is probably the only weapon that gets dull like that instead of breaking. It would be cool if there were others in the other weapon types though, they don't necessarily have to be the ones the other characters use. They could give them to us and still keep their own weapons.

I don't think they actually said no weapon was indestructible... I think that was a misinterpretation... I think what they actually said was something along the lines of 'no weapon is invincible'... which actually has a slightly different meaning.
I think what they meant was that no weapon is a guaranteed win... each has their strengths and weaknesses.
This will probably come into play during the final fight with Ganon... he will likely go through different phases requiring you to use a different type of weapon in each, so to have the best chance of success, you will need to obtain the most powerful of each type of weapon... likely being the champions' weapons and the Master Sword.
I still think these will be breakable though... at least to some extent... but unlike other weapons, could be repaired... however this will likely be difficult and time consuming to do, forcing you to be very selective about when to use them.

Scribear

Your Best Friend (rupee free)
I don't think they actually said no weapon was indestructible... I think that was a misinterpretation... I think what they actually said was something along the lines of 'no weapon is invincible'... which actually has a slightly different meaning.
I think what they meant was that no weapon is a guaranteed win... each has their strengths and weaknesses.
This will probably come into play during the final fight with Ganon... he will likely go through different phases requiring you to use a different type of weapon in each, so to have the best chance of success, you will need to obtain the most powerful of each type of weapon... likely being the champions' weapons and the Master Sword.
I still think these will be breakable though... at least to some extent... but unlike other weapons, could be repaired... however this will likely be difficult and time consuming to do, forcing you to be very selective about when to use them.

I think this could be cool and would make a lot of sense. Using what you get from your allies to defeat Ganon. Works for me.

If this is the case, he would we use any other weapons when we could just use the ones that don't break?
They could become weakened or unusable rather than breaking completely and being lost... like when we see the Mater Sword in it's damaged state... requiring repair before they can be properly used again.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
If these weapons are of such importance I doubt they will be able to break like normal ones. Perhaps there is some kind of charge on them which depletes and has to be replenished, with the weapon getting weaker after depletion?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well what I am theorizing with absolutely no proof is that there are endgame weapons that belong to the sages or whatever the hell these named characters are, and those endgame weapons will be 99% indestructable because it makes no sense for the MS to bust or for Zora Fi Tier 5 to break. They're just endgame weapons that require you to go through the story, that's all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom