• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Champion vs successor by race

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Too complex for fast paced shoutbox so here:
Each of the 4 races, say whether you like the champion or descendant better and explain why.

Rito:
Descendant.
Hardest one for me, they're both really good but I'll take protective father for this one.

Goron:
Champion.
One is one of my top 3 characters, the other is bottom 3. Not a hard choice

Zora:
Descendant.
Another toss up, went with Sidon just for his sheer amount of personality. I want to like Mipha but she's super half baked, and her character is a concept that needs to be fleshed out to work well. Charismatic prince is a lot easier to half bake and be interesting

Gerudo:
Champion.
Don't really care about the Gerudo in general, but Urbosa actually made me kinda sorta care about Zelda so good for her

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Rito - Champion. Revali has more personality than the rest of the cast combined.

Goron - Champion. Daruk is bland as hell but at least he's not Yunobo.

Zora - Champion. Sidon is a meme. Mipha is decent.

Gerudo - Toss up, leaning Riju if only because she has a very minimal arc of trying to learn to fill Urbosa's shoes.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Rito - Revali b/c I actually remember him
Goron - Daruk b/c he's not a waste of data
Zora - Sidon might be my favorite in the game, and I'm not big on Mipha
Gerudo - Urbosa b/c I only kinda remember Riju whereas Urbosa sticks out to me

so Sidon is the only one where I like the successor more

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Rito-Champion, I even forgot the name of the successor as a white bird. He just doesn't have nearly enough character as Revali. Nowhere near Revali.

Zora- Successor. Mipha is just a lovesick puppy. Generic ass isekai healer/support character. On the other hand, Sidon is the charismatic leader that the Zora needs

Goron- Champion. Perfect analogy: If Daruk was Babar, then Yunobo is Humayun. He's probably the worst the Goron history has seen. Uncharismatic and weak, literally anyone in the village except him would be a better replacement for him.

Gerudo- Champion. Just completed the last divine beasts Vah Nabooris. Meh, Riju was okay-ish. She might become a good ruler. But they showed her before that so imma go with Urbosa.
Omg Urbosa on the other hand is such a [Post edited by a moderator]

Rito:
Descendant, I fricking love Teba and his new-dad-but-wants-to-be-a-warrior arc

Zora:
Descendant, I think Mipha is a great character, but Sidon is just so charismatic and well-written, I have to pick him.

Goron:
Champion, Daruk is an actual person, Yunobo is a caricature.

Gerudo:
Champion, this one is definitely the hardest as I love Riju and Urbosa a lot, but Urbosa has a lot of layers whereas Riju just has the one arc.

CreeperMaster343

Spirit Tracks Zelda best companion, LinkxNavi FTW
generally lean champions over descendants for all of them, but it is a really close contest between Mipha and Sidon

Rito: Champion. Revali is a lovable jerkface with a heart of gold underneath those easily-ruffled feathers of his. Plus, his ability is the most useful in the game. Teba is also pretty good, but Revali just has more personality. And he's also fluffier.

Goron: Champion. Daruk is actually kinda likeable, whereas Yunobo... well, he certainly exists!

Zora: Successor. Mipha's very sweet and likeable, but I have to go with Sidon. Yes, partially for the memes, but his positivity is really endearing. He's also curiously attractive... for a fish man. (If you get that reference then congratulations but also I'm so sorry you had to watch the USA Darkstalkers cartoon)

Gerudo: Champion. This one was hard, because Riju is very likeable (the part where the Thunder Helm slides down on her face and she keeps having to adjust it is just really funny), but Urbosa just has more depth. And arguably one of the most useful abilities (after Revali's of course).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom