• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Champion Amiibo drops

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
So from what i've seen we get a randomised assortment of materials a chance of the champions weapon (most likely as rare as other amiibo weapon drops) and of course the Helmets of the divine beast.

I'm kinda hating the fact they've locked yet more armor behind amiibo but from what i can see it's kinda worth it.

Each divine beast helmet can be upgrade with the same materials as Ancient Helm and they work with ancient armor to give Ancient Proficiency at lvl2 or higher. They'll also allow you to see enemies health much like Champions tunic and they'll give a set skill from other armors.

Skills:
Vah Rudania: Flame Break lvl1
Vah Ruta: Swim Speed Up lvl1
Vah Naboris: Electricity Resist lvl1
Vah Medoh: Cold Resist lvl1

They do seem to want to let players explore more......... freely around the map now at least.

I feel the need to mention this but the armour slots have finite capacity in BotW which recently had me do the weirdest thing i'll ever do in a Zelda game.

So i manages to get the Vah Ruta helm from Mipha, i opened the chest but my inventory was full. I have every piece of armour in the game and the hood, hylian tubic and pants twice (i dyed them white and pretended Link was Ezio). Anyway, i couldnt get the helm so i had to use magnesis on the chest and drag it to the nearest shop to sell my Ezio clothing and open the chest in front of the clerk to get the helm.

As it is i have two empty slots; every piece of amiibo armour drop, DLC and in game armour including Gerudo jewelry.

The new DLC will at least add the lobster shirt from WW so unless Nintendo patch in another screen of slots we're not gonna be able to hold it all.

Just figured you guys may like to know.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I feel the need to mention this but the armour slots have finite capacity in BotW which recently had me do the weirdest thing i'll ever do in a Zelda game.

So i manages to get the Vah Ruta helm from Mipha, i opened the chest but my inventory was full. I have every piece of armour in the game and the hood, hylian tubic and pants twice (i dyed them white and pretended Link was Ezio). Anyway, i couldnt get the helm so i had to use magnesis on the chest and drag it to the nearest shop to sell my Ezio clothing and open the chest in front of the clerk to get the helm.

As it is i have two empty slots; every piece of amiibo armour drop, DLC and in game armour including Gerudo jewelry.

The new DLC will at least add the lobster shirt from WW so unless Nintendo patch in another screen of slots we're not gonna be able to hold it all.

Just figured you guys may like to know.

I knew there was a limit but i didn't realise it was quite as close as that. I'd thought it would've left the player have multiple dupe armors for dying and the like.

Chances are they'll pump up the armor slots with the DLC

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I've never been interested in any of the Breath of the Wild amiibo, honestly. None of them seem worth chasing for the benefits in this one game only, and I don't think I'm invested in the characters as much as I should be. :P At least they look nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom