• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Cave of Ordeals

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Tediousness often creates difficulty. The kind of difficulty that isn't good. The kind of difficulty that's annoying and spammy as hell. Y'know, like ALttP's enemies.

I just seriously don't see the logic behind this. Enemies that are more athletic and spontaneous (i.e. realistic) are all the same and boring?

:? That kind of difficulty apparently is good to a good deal of the fanbase. May not be your preference, but to say it isn't good is pretty far off. I'd say more praise went to those types of enemies (they're basically in every 2D Zelda installment) than SS' AI.

Didn't see the spontaneity in any of SS' enemies. They all sat there waiting for me to hack and slash.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
:? That kind of difficulty apparently is good to a good deal of the fanbase. May not be your preference, but to say it isn't good is pretty far off. I'd say more praise went to those types of enemies (they're basically in every 2D Zelda installment) than SS' AI.

Nope, only in ALttP. The original LoZ's enemies were quite honestly perfect. The only reason I would have any frustrating moments with them is due to the controls. LA's enemies were LoZ's reborn. MC's were less than stellar, but were better than ALttP's. I'm not saying the game had bad enemies. I'm saying the design was somewhat sloppy and not very thought out.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
Cave of Ordeals might not have been as awesome in SS as it could have been because there was kind of a lack of enemy progression throughout the game. If there were more enemies, then it would be great. Maybe they could have done something like LoZ NES did where enemies that used to be bosses in the earlier sections are enemies that you can encounter multiple times in a harder dungeon because they were kind of creature that there was more than one of.

Shadow Mori

the shadow of the moon
true true your all right. The CoO in TP was hard enuf, The one in TWW was just sad it was so Easy. Im there was one in SS i think it would be easyer than TP's but harder that TWW's.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
true true your all right. The CoO in TP was hard enuf, The one in TWW was just sad it was so Easy. Im there was one in SS i think it would be easyer than TP's but harder that TWW's.

Personally I think SS' Cave wouild be far easier than TWW's. If I did a comparable minimalist run meaning three (or six in Jokesward Sword), I would have a much easier time. It's all because of the controls and the AI...

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
I wouldnt have minded a CoO in Skyward Sword. I guess they must have replaced it with the boss rush and silent realm challenge which I thought was better. It was fun to challenge the bosses again. I never touched the silent realm challenge though , I just get nervous at the thought of getting caught xD I just cant play it again!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm saying the design was somewhat sloppy and not very thought out.

Skyward Sword's enemies honestly were no better. I'd actually say they're worse; they are either too passive meaning they do not defend nor go on the offensive, or they're too defensivr. I would much rather offensive enemies over SS'.

A cave would help SS so much!

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Skyward Sword didn't necessarily need this, as I consider the Horde Battle to be an adequate substitute to it. The diversity of all the foes which appeared in that entire section went along well enough with the concept of a Cave of Ordeals...or at least to me. If they had added it I think it would have been deemed a little excessive, because we already have the aforementioned sequence where we fought a myriad of adversaries. Albeit the Cave would be 100% optional no doubt.

Besides this the enemy AI was nearly on the same page throughout the game. Previous Zelda titles such as Twilight Princess featured not only a great diversity of enemies, but a blatant range in their difficulty, believe it or not, as well. I can easily tell a vast difference between a TP Bokoblin and a Darknut, despite how effortless TP is said to be. Skyward Sword had a handful of difficult enemies such as Lizalfos, Iron Shield Moblins, Stalfos, and in some cases Technoblins, yet the rest were relatively easy for me. Conversely TP had Darknuts, Freezards, those ice-pike thingies, Lizalfos, and other harder-to-beat opponents than the standard SS foes.

In short Skyward Sword enemy variety was all right, but the overall difficulty was pretty much equal in each foe, IMO.

Shadow Mori

the shadow of the moon
I would like for lack of a beter word "Bosses" that are only found in the CoO. if there was a new boss every 10 levels The Cave would be hard, but would have all the same guys found in the overworld making it easy.

dose that make everyone happy???

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom