• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Catching the Fisherman's Hat in Ocarina of Time 3D

I've tried just about all I can to catch this guy's hat by going at all sorts of angles and I just couldn't do it in OoT3D, but I only had a little trouble with OoT, but not this hard. I was just wondering if anyone here actually got his hat so I know that it's just my aim and standing position rather than a "fix". I always go for 100% on OoT and catching the hat and sinking it is in that 100% along with catching the Hylian Loach. If anyone can tell me that they have in fact caught the hat in Ocarina of Time 3D specifically, that would be great. Thank You!

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
well, you have to be able to do it, because it's not a glitch. they even had dialogue for when you caught it, so it's more like a secret little extra. i would just re-angle yourself and stand at the wall across from him.

hope this helped,
~Z

I know it wasn't a glitch :P that's the only reason why I put quotes around the word Fix :P Sorry if that was just my strange way of thinking where I was about the only one to figure what what I was saying, I do that a lot >.< I've tried that way too though, and I couldn't catch it. If anyone has actually caught it, can they just simply confirm that they caught it in OoT3D?

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I tried as well, but the hook seemed to go right through his head.

semi-off-topic trivia: The fisherman is modeled off the owner of a bait shop in Japan! The person who designed the fishing game gave the character designer very specific requirements.

That's exactly what's happening to me too. Oh, I learned that the fisherman doesn't have legs and is just attatched to the desk he stands at. I figured that out with the many times I hit him with my lure haha. Also a hint to people trying to catch the hylian loach. It's blue in this game so it stands out more than the brownish color in the original OoT.

E

Eripmav

I've done it a few times. You have to be real precise.

EDIT: Here's a pic
SL270911.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a Ton!!! That's all I wanted to know. Thank you for the picture as well to prove it. I'm having mixed feelings now, joy for knowing I can do it, but anguish knowing that I have to spend a long time doing it haha :P

Okay, I just caught the hat and sank it. Everything is good now. Thank you everyone who helped me with this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom