• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

car-sickness

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
do you get car sick if yea how do you deal with it..... me sing songs to myself and distract myself from the nausea.....

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I can feel a little woozy if I eat a lot of sweets during a long car ride, but that's more of just an upset stomach than actual nausea. I can definitely recall car rides causing me mild lightheadedness, but it thankfully doesn't happen very often, and I don't think I've ever vomited in a car before or needed to pull over to do so (except one time when I was just a wee lad and made a big mess in my parents' car).

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
my grandma didn't help one time, when I was feeling blah, talking about her and her brothers all lined up in the back of the car with the buckets in front of them

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Nope I don't get carsick. I can read or go on my phone when being driven in a car. I tend to drive myself mostly though so I don't get the opportunity to do either of those things very much.

Ezlo

The Minish Craftsman
I get car-sick and I hate it, I avoid playing games cuz it worsens it. I distract myself from nausea by closing my eyes and listening to some songs.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
There's usually a high chance I'll get car sick on long drives, but oddly enough, it only happens when I'm not the one driving, and I'll be fine too as long as I'm at least in the passenger's seat. But if I'm stuck in the back of a car for a long time there's a chance I might get car sick. I've never threw up, I'd just feel light headed but what I'd do is look out the window. It seems counter-intuitive, but it works.

The whole reason one gets car sick is that they're getting conflicting sensory inputs. If you're focusing on stationary objects in the car (which I end up doing), like a book, or phone, your eyesight is registering that you aren't moving. Meanwhile, your other senses, in this case, are registering that you are in fact moving. So by looking out the window and seeing movement that confliction can be remedied.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I only feel it if I try to read or play games in the car, though the forerunner we had in Nebraska seemed to help with that. It was a rental and probably the newest car I have been in, in years since it had no plates yet.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
As a kid yes. I got car sick all the freaking time. Fortunately I grew over it. I still get a bit of a funny feeling when I read while being in the bus. But I don't have to take the bus anymore.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I get carsick and bussick alot only way to solve it for me is to literally unfocus and stare off into the middle distance, doesn't help i have bad balance and have to make constant adjustments in how i sit during a bus/car ride

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Thankfully I've never experienced car sickness - it just isn't something that hits me. I have heard quite a few people around me mentioning it lately though, someone today said to me that they get sick specifically on busses which was interesting to me. It certainly isn't ideal when you're going on long trips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom