• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Capcom Announces a New Mega Man Game... Then Says Otherwise

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
So at PAX East, Capcom has revealed some awesome things like a Dungeons & Dragons HD compilation and Duck Tales Remastered... and some Mega Man news! They've decided to give the Blue Bomber a proper 25th anniversary treatment by releasing multiple of his NES games in the 3DS eShop. On top of that, they announced that they were in production of a new Mega Man game, but weren't far enough along to give us a full announcement. Hooray!

Only two minutes later, that comment was "corrected" by an executive, saying that there is no new game in the works, but rather that they've been having "ongoing discussions" about a new Mega Man game.

I gotta hand it to you, Crapcom. This is a new record. You've essentially canceled an announcement about a Mega Man game. That's so stupid, it's almost admirable. You must be extremely eager to consistently piss off the Mega Man fanbase. The Blue Bomber, you say? More like the Blue Balls Bomber.

Source

I don't think Capcom is that bad a publisher and certainly doesn't rise to the foul ranks of EA but Mega Man is certainly stuck in limbo.

Capcom needs to stop getting fans hopes up only to dash them soon after. The best thing for the franchise right now is a very concrete announcement with a release thereafter. Hopefully a proper installment is unveiled at E3 and hits later this year.

"Sorry for the long wait, but the time is finally here! We now present to you the Megaman Social App for iOS and Android! Discuss all your favorite Megaman crushed hopes, dreams, and cancellations in one place! Only $4.99 per month with an additional $9.99 Keyboard Use DLC."

Dan

You clearly aren't a follower of the film industry if news like this about a game gets you so riled up.

You clearly don't follow the music industry, see what I did there :P
Anyway, curse you Capcom, finding new ways to troll it's fanbase on a regular bases, ah well I'm going to continue crossing my fingers for a new megaman game, I do fear however they will be stuck in this position due to the lengh of time it's been...

Next capcom will announce a new megaman, featuring the fat one, and the gameplay will be as bad as Superman 64, just to really rile up it's fans :P Megaman goes shopping or something.
mega_man_from_tekken_x_street_fighter_by_crossovergamereviews-d4nu8h1.jpg

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't think it's worth being riled up over. They canceled an announcement...it's better than canceling a game.

Dan

Think about it, Ven. Their staff is so moronic that one member falsely announced a game, or at least implied that one was in the works. How much more evidence is needed to undeniably prove they've become a **** company?

Could just be a human mistake. I do agree with Van however, it's a lot better than cancelling a game. Still it's a shame.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Could just be a human mistake. I do agree with Van however, it's a lot better than cancelling a game. Still it's a shame.

It honestly wouldn't be a big deal if it weren't for Crapcom being so stupid of a company as of late and if they would just give us a new ****ing Mega Man game already instead of sitting around thinking about maybe potentially starting to come up with the concept of a new one.

Chiraku

Demon slayer
"Hey guys! There's a new game!! --Ooh, wait! Sorry, false alarm!"
Doesn't that sound a lot better than "Hey everybody! No more Megaman! He's Dead! Hope you had fun!"

Chiraku

Demon slayer
But at least it's not dead. Please, let's not turn into another Sonic fanbase where they complain about every disappointment.

Last edited:

LOL

I'm deaf, For real
OMG. I thought Capcom told the Mega Man creator to **** off. What is up with these gaming companies? Announcing a exciting game but later has second thoughts and tell the fans to find something else to play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom