• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Can You Fall Asleep While Listening To Music?

Zarah

Pikachu my Snorlax
The other day I fell asleep with my headphones still on (the big ones that cover your ears). When I woke up, I had somehow broken them :( So I guess I can fall asleep to any sort of music playing :O

Imprisoned

*~German Sparkle Party~*
I can fall asleep to full volume anything, probably. Never tried, because my parents hate it when I play my music really loud. But I can fall asleep in the car when everyone's blasting Linkin Park (<3). Therefore, I can probably fall asleep to anything. Any volume, any genre. Except country. I'll break the music device before I fall asleep to that sh!t. (Excuse me, anyone that likes country music. I just have a deep, genetic hatred for it.)

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Depends on what kind of music. Nowadyas, if I really need something to dhelp lull me to sleep, I'll play some ambient music, like Aphex Twin or something I made designed to be Sleep Music. I also used to listen to The Cure's Disintegration album a lot to help me sleep, its a very relaxing album.

I really only pull out the music when there's other annoying noise happening, i.e. cats that won't shut the f*ck up or neighbors being a pain in the arse. Other than that, I don't really listen to music all that often. But its nice sometimes.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Can I? I practically do every night, since I use my 3DS as an MP3 player I have a bunch of songs on it, and as such I'll often have a peaceful video game theme playing on my 3DS while it rests on my one pillow each night. I keep my 3DS plugged in too, so it usually does that all night until I wake up the next day, my bed is in a rather convenient position within my room which makes doing this kind of stuff pretty easy.

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
I have to have noise to be able to sleep, so yes I can fall asleep while listening to music. Actually, if I do use music to fall asleep, I have to have the music I would listen to normally to sleep. I can't sleep with soft music. I also have to have the volume up like it's during the day and I'm watching TV. I guess it helps relax my already chaotic brain (by adding more chaos if you will).

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Yes, I often try, however, because I do fall asleep to my music, I don't stay asleep... That is, when the songs change, I wake up.
If there was a loop of whatever I was listening to, then I could probably stay asleep. The only time is can change without me waking up, is when I've reached that deep-sleep stage.

The best music for me to fall asleep to is probably something like Marilyn Manson, or KoRn. (simply because I love the music)
And yes, I can even fall asleep to Five Finger Death Punch. Metal is melodic to me... and especially certain tracks of MM or KoRn. They tend to have at least one or so tracks that are more fluid, and slower than the rest. Perfect example, the songs "Tearjerker", "Kiss", and "Hallow Life" by KoRn, --or "The Speed of Pain" and "♠" by Marilyn Manson. Those are more melodic in comparison to the rest of the artists' songs. The song "Alone I Break" also seems to have a powerful effect on me, and also can lul me to sleep.

Fig

The Altruist
I personally can sleep with music in my room. It really is a nice feeling actually, especially if it is calming and soothing music, which usually is when it is late at night. There were some times in my life where I slept with my headphones according to my phone that morning. It really is a peaceful moment in my life and even though I can sleep either in silence or with music, sleeping to the sounds of music makes me feel so relaxed and feel at peace no matter what I have gone through during the day.

I probably could if I were super exhausted and stuff, but generally speaking, I can't. Music stimulates my mind too got dang much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom