• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Can a Level 100 Pokemon Be Retrained?

Fig

The Altruist
The only possible way for a Pokémon to restart its EV stats is by using a Reset Bag found at random when using the Super Training Regiments. The Reset Bag is one of the more rare training bags to redeem. Simply tap on the black punching bag and wish for the best.

I don't know, like Locke said, the EV points only take effect when levelling up. However, in battles against other people, the Pokemon get put down to level 50, so the stats may reshuffle to fit with the EVs, rather than just what the stats originally were at level 50.

Fig

The Altruist
Thanks guys...but will the stats (the numbers) be lowered and visible? I have several of those bags, so I might try it, why not?

When you use a Reset Bag, your Pokémon will lose its EVs in its stats, thus lowering all stats affected to be at the lowest point as if the stat doesn't have any EVs.

I think that it might be visible, but I honestly don't know. If you do go ahead with it, could you post your results here? I'm pretty interested to find out now since I have a couple of level 100s I wouldn't mind training. :)

But then how would you gain new stats if you're already level 100?

When you reset EVs and gain them in new stats, you will notice the difference when you view them in the summery. So like if you looked at the stats with no EV investment first then use like a Protein for example then look again, the attack stat value would change. Because you can't level up once you reach lv 100, the stat changes in EVs will automatically update. Really you can't get new stats per say, you could only change the EV investment of the stats.

When you reset EVs and gain them in new stats, you will notice the difference when you view them in the summery. So like if you looked at the stats with no EV investment first then use like a Protein for example then look again, the attack stat value would change. Because you can't level up once you reach lv 100, the stat changes in EVs will automatically update. Really you can't get new stats per say, you could only change the EV investment of the stats.

Makes sense, but the stats changes will still be there, only hidden, I think. I just want to retrain the EVs for my Gardevoir so that I can use her more efficiently in battle. I actually leveled her up because she was the one I used to finish my quest, then I went on to level it to 100, but not ev trained, you know?

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Ever since Generation IV, stats update after every battle (iirc).
Actually its since gen V

But then how would you gain new stats if you're already level 100?
Normally it needed at least 1 lvl up to see the EV's gained. But since gen V this recalculated after every battle. In other words the EV's are visable right away and is not recalculated after a level up. This made EV training after level 100 possible.

So archangel, don't worry and use a reset bag. In case you want to confirm it with your own eyes on summary. Use 10 vitamins on a stat after a reset bag to clearly see the difference. 1 vitamin is 10EV. So for instance using 10 calcium will give you 100 EV in sp atk.

Actually its since gen V

Normally it needed at least 1 lvl up to see the EV's gained. But since gen V this recalculated after every battle. In other words the EV's are visable right away and is not recalculated after a level up. This made EV training after level 100 possible.

So archangel, don't worry and use a reset bag. In case you want to confirm it with your own eyes on summary. Use 10 vitamins on a stat after a reset bag to clearly see the difference. 1 vitamin is 10EV. So for instance using 10 calcium will give you 100 EV in sp atk.

Oh ok. No fear then. Thanks. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom