• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Call of Duty WWII

So, i just saw the new CoD trailer (that's what happens when you live with a group of guys) so i figured i'd make a thread so ya'll can talk about it.

WWII is an interesting game, CoD polarised its fanbase with increasingly futuristic titles and now the phrase 'going back to its roots' has probably never seen a more apt usage in recent memory.

But after Battlefield 1 does CoD have the wow factor for historical bloody battles or has some of its thunder been diminished thanks to its rival?

Also just what are your general thoughts?

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Definitly deminished, but I love WW2 video games, I had like 5 different one growing up. And when World at War came out, I was online for the longest time of any CoD game (still think it's the best CoD next to CoD2). So I'm kinda excited, but I'm not BotW-levels excited

Mido

Version 1
Definitly deminished, but I love WW2 video games, I had like 5 different one growing up. And when World at War came out, I was online for the longest time of any CoD game (still think it's the best CoD next to CoD2). So I'm kinda excited, but I'm not BotW-levels excited

After our brief talk about Big Red One, I have to admit that I'm slighly more interested in what this game has to offer. I think 3 was the last game in which Infinity Ward tackled WWII, so it will be interesting to see how they handle it. While I probably won't get the game since I don't have the console needed currently, my largest anticipation is how the story will be handled. It seems that the series has focused so much on their multiplayer since its boom in 4 that the campaign has often taken a backseat in a general sense, as there are exceptions.

I'd be more interested if it wasn't (some) of the American campaign. Too many ww2 games focus on that.

Part of me thinks they won't do it, but at the same time, the series has a huge history of including more parts of the campaign. World at War had the Russian front and CoD 3 has a ton of perspectives, so there is a change we could see more. At this moment; however, I'm more inclined to say it will be streamlined even if I would not be surprised if more campaigns of the war are included.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom