• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Call of Duty 4

Kybyrian

How do we not have this thread? Much less any other CoD threads.

So, Call of Duty, a great game among the Call of Duty series, came out a while ago.

I kind of forget what the game was centered around, but it was a great game.

What with the flashbang grenades and such.

I haven't played it in so long, I can't say much. So I'll leave that to the fellow ZDers.

I still play CoD4 from time to time. When I am bored, not working, or have no homework. Even when I do have homework I will play it actually. But I don't waste my life playing it like most of the people on there. Take a look at some of the rankings. There are dudes who have played billions of games of CoD4. Its rediculous. I tend not to get hooked on games these days like many other people do. I still hold my place as a more classic gamer, and could definately play Super Mario World or Sonic the Hedgehog 3 w/ Knuckles longer than CoD4.

J

Jack

I played CoD4 religiously before WaW (World at War) came out. I made it to 4th Prestige, then stopped because WaW came out.

CoD4 is a great game. I love the story line. If you have any questions about it, go ahead and ask. In fact, I found this site through CoD4Central, lol.

linkman8

True and Noble
I played the single player mode, which was pretty good. My brother is one of those "play online every night" kind of people on COD4, though the game is not that big of a deal to me. I tend not to like modern warfare to begin with, though, and to be honest I'd rather play COD5. (Which I don't have)

Kybyrian

Actually, linkman, there is no Call of Duty 5. A lot of people are making the common mistake of calling Call of Duty World at War Call of Duty 5, which in fact it is not. Whenever Call of Duty 5 does come out, those people will be screwed, because they won't know what they mean.

Anyway, I can't really play online, but if I did have Xbox Live, then I would play online every night. :P

linkman8

True and Noble
Actually, linkman, there is no Call of Duty 5. A lot of people are making the common mistake of calling Call of Duty World at War Call of Duty 5, which in fact it is not. Whenever Call of Duty 5 does come out, those people will be screwed, because they won't know what they mean.

Anyway, I can't really play online, but if I did have Xbox Live, then I would play online every night. :P
Yeah, I usually call it by World at War, I don't usually call it COD5, but I couldn't remember the name of it.
But playing online seems repetitive to me. I've watched my brother a few times, and all he does is the same mode over and over and over. Perhaps he's just a linear-minded player, but that was my impression.

Kybyrian

So I have gotten Xbox Live a few months ago, and like I said, I play online constantly. There are quite a few different modes you can play on, but not a ton of different maps, though there is quite the variety. So if you want it to be incredibly repetitive, you can make it that way, but it depends on how you want to play.

Amelie

Air Dancer
I have CoD 4 on my Macintosh. I dont play it online very much but I am still trying to finish single player. I can have all the settings up on high with no lag (I think they are all up) but Im so stupid I walk right in front of enemy grenades. I swear.. I totally ignore the grenade pointer on my screen >>

But anyway.. the graphics are good and its a fun game. Im pretty bad at multiplayer but I just need more practice. FPS games are not really my strong point I guess ><

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I believe a friend of mine told me that CoD is the best series ever, he also believe AlttP is the best of Zeldas so I guess he is not a fool. Still I haven´t tried any af the CoD´s though. Might be my next mission. Should I choose nr 4? Or can you (I) find better?

Amelie

Air Dancer
Hmm. I have to admit I am a little confused by your question =O Do you mean should you play CoD 4 first or play number 1 first? Is COD 1 easier to find? Probably not... but it is cheaper I think. I have never played any other CoD games because I got 4 from Germany and the other COD games are banned there.

I started with 4 and its a great games. Its modern and not back in the 40s like most war games. Im kind of tired of war games set in WWII anyway... it annoys me to have to shoot "Germans" all the time. But out of all the WWII games.. CoD 1 2 & 3 are probably the best of there kind ^^

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
Hmm. I have to admit I am a little confused by your question =O

I guess I can be hard to interpret sometimes :lol:.

What I wanted to know was which of the games is the best? Cause I do not think I will put my efforts on playing through them all (or buy them all). But I kind of want to try one of them (and I want the best ;)).

Guardian

The Chosen One
I play Cod4 everyday for Ps3. It's just a game when you stick to it and get better at it you won't want to give it up. It's just that of a great game. I only play online, but I've played through single player and it wasn't all that.

I only played it that day because my internet wasn't working. But overall it's an awesome game! I recommend it to any first person shooter fan out there.

Guardian

The Chosen One
I believe a friend of mine told me that CoD is the best series ever, he also believe AlttP is the best of Zeldas so I guess he is not a fool. Still I haven´t tried any af the CoD´s though. Might be my next mission. Should I choose nr 4? Or can you (I) find better?
It depends on what your going to do when you buy the game. Do you want it for enjoyment and just to complete single player mode? If you want one that your going to play online I recommend you to buy Cod4. The online is just amazing! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom