• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Calatia

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Why is it that we've never heard of Calatia in any of the games? It is said that Link actually originated there and it was a geographic orientation in comparison to Hyrule. I'm not saying that it's likely to come up again but I'm wondering why Nintendo didn't run with it when they had the chance. The Valiant comics weren't entirely unknown and people liked them, it got them deeper into Zelda. Do you think it would have been a positive or negative thing for Nintendo to have expanded on Calatia?

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Alright, thanks for the obvious :P, I'm saying that it was officially licensed material that possibly could have been a rich area of inspiration and depth for the story line. I think Star Wars got me thinking about it. They've taken things in throughout the years that were non-canon and now that nothing is canon, they are once again cherry-picking things for canon. I do think it may have been wise for them not to focus too much on Link's origins as that's not the point of the game and could actually take away from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom