• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Cadence of Hyrules non-canon timeline placement

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
So I beat cadence of hyrule. First of all I absolutely love it, as it’s the closest thing to a real Zelda game we have on the switch for now. But something stuck out to me. In Hyrule Castle one of the items you can get is the Kokiri sword. It’s description states that it was meant for a future hero, obviously this means that CoH takes place before OoT. This part I think most people have figured out. However I would also like to add that this would be the first time Ganon appears in the entire timeline. I know I’m probably looking too far into it considering it’s a non canon game(as far as we know), but it seems like such an odd detail to add if it didn’t mean anything. Let me know what you think.

ArmanaTheCustos

Inspiring Youtuber
well if this is true then a major problem presents itself, ganondorf transforms into ganon after getting the triforce of power in the various games, this would mean that ganondorf in OoT would be very old unless CoH link died at a young age along with CoH Zelda. If you like i can show you the timeline i made with non-canon things, however CoH being placed before OoT really messes up the whole thing, but i'll look into it.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
well if this is true then a major problem presents itself, ganondorf transforms into ganon after getting the triforce of power in the various games, this would mean that ganondorf in OoT would be very old unless CoH link died at a young age along with CoH Zelda. If you like i can show you the timeline i made with non-canon things, however CoH being placed before OoT really messes up the whole thing, but i'll look into it.

Kotake and Koume are both 400 years old so OOT Ganondorf could well be very old himself whilst still looking younger than his true age.

Still it isn't a canon game as far as we know and Ganondorfs first transformation is at the end of OOT as far as we know.

ArmanaTheCustos

Inspiring Youtuber
Kotake and Koume are both 400 years old so OOT Ganondorf could well be very old himself whilst still looking younger than his true age.

Still it isn't a canon game as far as we know and Ganondorfs first transformation is at the end of OOT as far as we know.

while it's true they are that old they don't look young not to mention hyrule would most likely end up knowing about ganondorf and his plots. I haven't played CoH so I can't say much about it but placing it before OoT wouldn't make much sense.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
while it's true they are that old they don't look young not to mention hyrule would most likely end up knowing about ganondorf and his plots. I haven't played CoH so I can't say much about it but placing it before OoT wouldn't make much sense.
They look elderly 80-90 even though they are 320 years older than that. I would assume Ganondorf is less than 100 seeing as a new male is born every 100 years but for him to look in his 30's-40's and actually be nearer to 100 is not too much of a stretch.

ArmanaTheCustos

Inspiring Youtuber
well let's assume CoH Takes place before OoT Ganondorf is another problem as he would need to be old enough to fight both links but has to be under 100 so 93 before OoT and assuming link from CoH lived to be at least 20 that would make ganondorf 73 at most in CoH

thePlinko

ZD Legend
well let's assume CoH Takes place before OoT Ganondorf is another problem as he would need to be old enough to fight both links but has to be under 100 so 93 before OoT and assuming link from CoH lived to be at least 20 that would make ganondorf 73 at most in CoH

Who said it was the same Ganon? He very well may be reincarnated or even just straight up revived in OoT.

ArmanaTheCustos

Inspiring Youtuber
That's True But I Personally Don't See It Taking Place Before OoT And Like I Said I Haven't Played It So For Now It Doesn't Have A Place To Me.

thePlinko

ZD Legend
what exactly is the rhythm timeline and what source do you have for it
I believe that the source is called: “it’s a joke.”

Plus it’s pretty much impossible for it not to take place before OoT. Even if it’s a non-canon game it still creates its own mini canon within itself using the actual canon as a basis. Unless another game is released in the future that contains the Kokiri sword AND takes place in one of the timelines after OoT (something that I find very doubtful considering the Kokiri sword is canonically a legendary one of a kind blade that has already been reforged into something else), then it is almost a certainty that CoH takes place before OoT.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
what exactly is the rhythm timeline and what source do you have for it

You say this yet are saying that a non canon game should have a spot (however theoretical) on the timeline, yeah no Cadence doesn't fit in the established timeline it's a spin off if we considered a spot for Cadence you'd have to do the same for ALL spinoffs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom