• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bungie Splits with Activision, Keeps Destiny IP

Bungie split from Activision today and maintains control of the Destiny IP.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/0...estiny-rights?abthid=5c37bd0d240107610b0000b5

Seeing as how Activision is one of the biggest publishers in the gaming industry, this is big news. But it should give Bungie more creative freedom. I hope this also leads to less predatory practices in their games. Cut the loot box crap.

What are your thoughts on this news?

Don't care.

I don't like Activision and I don't like Destiny. Bungie had talent in the early Halo days but i have no idea how many of those original staff are still with the conpany.

Best case scenario is Destiny 3 might actually be a decent game or that Bungie can go and do what they want now.

Though they probably won't do anything I care about.

I'm surprised people even remember Marathon was a thing.
A modern version of Pathways Into Darkness, another old Bungie game would also be nice. I think that game has a bood base to use. Of cause you'd ahve to add quite a bit on content to it, to make it worth playing today, but still back in the day it was a good game also.

I played Pathways into Darkness and the Martathon Trilogy a lot back in the day. Great games. Though if I had to pick one game, I'd say Marathon 4 would be the best one to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom