• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Sequel Inspired by Red Dead Redemption 2

Saw this on IGN and thought it was worth sharing. The original BotW was inspired by Skyrim, and this one seems to be inspired by RDR2.

Do you think Red Dead Redemption 2 is a good choice for Zelda to draw inspiration from? Do you think that may lead to a more emotional story?

I hope they were inspired by the good bits of RDR2.

RDR2 is a cinematic story piece so hopefully the team want to push that aspect in BotW2.

To be honest there's not much RDR2 did that BotW didnt already do.

We have good horse mechanics and slow down mechanics etc. It didnt do crafting but we had cooking.

Maybe if they lift the part of RDR2 where you have to maintain your weapons to stop them from breaking it'll make BotW's weapon durability mechanic less annoying.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
I'm very intrigued by this. I think RDR2 is a great game to draw inspiration from when it comes to open-world design. As Spirit said, if they manage to find and improve upon the aspects of RDR2 that could fit well in a BotW sequel I can see it as very beneficial a source of inspiration!

BotW is rife with different aspects of modern game that it takes components from and improve upon and kinda makes it's own interpretation of. Ubi towers, resource gathering, puzzles inspired by Portal, etc. Not to mention their very own Fulton ballons (from MGSV).

Imagine if they took, for example, the notoriety mechanic of Rockstar games and made some kind of spin on that. I think stuff like that could make the game differentiate itself from BotW 1 even further.

Last edited:

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Breath of the Wild Sequel is Inspired By Ripping off RDR2

... because ninty has no idea what they're doing anymore and have to do that thing all creatively bankrupt directors have to do now which is to look to the last most critically acclaimed thing to shamelessly rip off without even knowing why it was ever popular to begin with.

Reactions: Dio

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
While this could be a good thing I don't trust Nintendo to not screw up some major point. BotW tried to be Skyrim and the Witcher but ended up as a rather shallow "Baby's first open world"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom