• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild 2 - 'To be continued'

Now that BotW2 has been revealed and confirmed to be a sequel to Breath of the Wild, many people have assumed that Aonuma and his team will be aiming for a trilogy.

This would be very interesting, but it got me thinking; usually when a trilogy is planned the second installment often ends in a cliffhanger or with unresolved conflicts.

How would you feel if BotW2 ended on a cliffhanger, unresolved conflicts or the reveal of something more that a future title would explore?

How would you feel if you finished BotW2 and it said 'to be continued'?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
How I'd feel depends on if the story engaged me enough in BotW 2, and if the changes between the original game and this sequel are substantial enough. So if BotW 2 hits it out of the park, I guess I'd be ok with a trilogy, so a cliffhanger would be fine. Otherwise, I'd just be pissed off.

BotW itself ended so underwhelmingly, and with a cliffhanger of its own. So, the overarching plot being worked towards in a Zelda Trilogy had better be the greatest plot the series has ever produce, and if it falls short than of course I'm going to hope we don't get a cliffhanger at the end of BotW 2.

Depends on how long they take to release it. It's looking like BotW 2 is going to be release 4 years from the original. If it's another 4 years I might have to buy the new system to get it :( .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom