• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Brand New Idea!!!!

S

splitmup

I know this might be a "weird / far out in left field" idea but what if the new WiiU Zelda game took place in the future. Complete with Robots unlike the ones we saw in SS. Robots, futuristic looking enemies based on classic enemies of the past, alien type Ganondorf...Just throwing this out there but I think it would be a refreshing idea for the creators of the franchise to stray away from the old classic "old world" feel of the game...Something futuristic could open the world to a whole new world of possibilities but still have the same gameplay with HD graphics might be something weve been looking for since TP was released. What do you guys think?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't want the same gameplay, I want either a) 20 steps forward from Twilight Princess or b) a combat overhaul entirely. I greenlight the basics of the concept though. :)

A lot of people have pitched forward the idea of a futuristic, space centered Zelda game complete with alien foes. After pondering the idea, I think it would work better for a crossover, possibly with Metroid. If the majority of Zelda fans are discontent with the limitations of a train, imagine the furor if the series were to be abandon its medieval roots.

ILU

i luv u
You mean like Ratchet and Clank? :| Just no. That's a great series, but thrusting Zelda into the future just for a change isn't a real change. It's just a rehashed idea with Zelda characters. I'm not onboard this boat. *doggie-paddles back to Hyrule mainland*

S

splitmup

*doggie-paddles back to Hyrule mainland*

HAHAHAHA.
I would love for a futuristic Zelda but it MUST be well thought/planned out to keep the original feel as well.(what i meant to say)

Salem

SICK
Nintendo could make an entirely new IP based on Zelda'a gameplay but be futuristic, so it would please everyone.

I don't see the problem with it. I'd even be perfectly fine if they made Link a woman, or gave him a new black haircut (not like game companies have ever done that, of course). I don't particularly see what's wrong with change in a video game series so long as it adheres to its core roots, and believe it or not, Zelda being medieval is not one of them. The point was to get lost in an epic fantasy adventure, not just to put a sword in a guy's hands and tell him to do crap for no adequately-explored reason. To that end, Zelda could be medieval, futuristic, or prehistoric - it really wouldn't matter so long as it kept the other core concepts intact.

I also don't think a futuristic Zelda is "unnecessary" or "just a rehash." I and probably many others are legitimately curious to know what Hyrule would be like in modern times. How would the Gorons mine for rocks? What would happen to the Gerudo? What kinds of items and puzzles would Link discover? How would Ganondorf/generic threatening villain take over the kingdom? How do people still view the Triforce? If a modern-day Zelda is unnecessary, then so were 3D, cel-shaded graphics, or portable Zelda titles. None of them needed to be done, but were arguably of great benefit to the series.

So yes, I support a modern-day Zelda wholeheartedly and would love to see Nintendo take a stab at it. No, I don't want Zelda to change its core values or remain modern-day forever, but a game or two in that light would be a nice change of pace. The real obstacle is getting it past the rest of the Zelda fanbase. DmC: Devil May Cry received very good reviews, but was deemed a commercial failure, probably because a lot of fans didn't get on board with the whole reboot concept. Zelda could just die if it did the same thing.

DarkLink17

Well then
I wouldn't mind this kind of overhaul as long as they kept the Zelda "essence" of the gameplay. To the point where I still feel like I'm playing Zelda, not some sci-fi dungeon crawler with the same name.

Yeah, I don't see Sci-Fi Zelda ever being pulled off well. Even having robots in Skyward Sword felt a little iffy. I think the level of technology in Zelda should never exceed early industrial era type stuff. Stuff like trains, cannons and steamships are okay with me. Honestly, these types of things crop up so often in Zelda recently that I rarely get a "medieval" feeling from the games nowadays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom