• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bow Draw

S

Sevenyearwait

I've been wondering about the bow control. Since link is right handed this time, shouldn't the bow control be right handed as well? From what I have seen he draws with his right hand but holds the bow in a left hand angle. Also for the control, you draw back with the nunchuck. If I was playing right handed then I would draw with my left. Wouldn't this make people confused? You draw the bow lefty and aim right and Link draws the bow right and aims lefty? What are your thoughts on this?

Steve

5/19/13
That actually wouldn't make much sense, considering a right-handed person would hold the bow itself with their right hand. Now, I myself probably wouldn't get mixed up since they're merely controllers, and not a real bow (where a lot of resistance is made), but I do feel this is one of those scenarios where ambidextrous controls should have been implemented.

Last edited:
S

Sevenyearwait

But when real archers go up to the line, they hold their bows in the weaker hand a draw with their strong. They also aim down the weaker side.

Yeah, just like left handed people can play as right hanged link, the controls are all the same, you won't even notice it. The only difference is the animation of Link and thats just an animation.

you could always just use your left hand when using the bow. But the wrist strap poses a problem with that. There is always the chance that they will change it so you pull back the Wii remote instead of the nunchuck though. :D

there could be only a crossbow, which would fix this problem, or the game could ask you if you are right or left handed at the beginning and have the bow be drawn differently depending on what you say

S

Sevenyearwait

I don't think there will only be a crossbow or a crossbow at all since they took the time and effort to make both the bow and slingshot for the demo (programing games like zelda is very hard)

S

Sevenyearwait

I don't see that happening but who knows other than the programers.

T

The Hero

I don't think there'll be a problem with the confusion. you'll aim just fine with the bow. Link isn't Left handed or Right handed. He's ambidextrous!!! :D

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
What a stupid post. I'm not kidding. You're playing a game for God's sake, not shooting a real arrow.

you could always just use your left hand when using the bow. But the wrist strap poses a problem with that. There is always the chance that they will change it so you pull back the Wii remote instead of the nunchuck though. :D
And another thing, the wiimote and the nunchuck are kind of attached. So there's no way we can mirror a real bow, because the cord only goes so far (I've tripped up on that cord many atimes).

S

Sevenyearwait

What a stupid post. I'm not kidding. You're playing a game for God's sake, not shooting a real arrow.

ALL we are doing here is talking about the controls. Really doesn't matter if this put into the game or not. If you may have noticed this is a discussion forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom