• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bow Challenges Throuhgout Zelda

J Oh

Hylian Alchemist
I was wanting to see what everyone thought of the many Bow Mini-game challenges in the series of Zelda.

Which was the most fun?
Which one stressed you out the most?
How long did it take you to master them?

Stuff like that.

Besides the horseback challenge in OoT I found MM to have some of the hardest games with the bow. Took me hours to get them down to get all the heart pieces.

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
I like the archery game in Phantom Hourglass on (I think) Molida Island the best, where you have to hit the ghosts. IMO it had the best blend of difficulty and entertainment :3 The hardest one is the octorok shooting game in Majora's Mask (I haven't been able to beat that minigame yet :sweat:)

J Oh

Hylian Alchemist
Yeah, I mean I can play the ones in MM and get the large/largest quivers no problem but getting a perfect score? Bah. I guess it heavily relies on you knowing your joystick sensitivity.

13foxes

These all are my opinions:

The hardest one is the Swam Shooting Gallery in MM. I spent like 4-5 hours on that game, trying to get the perfect score. And in the end I hurted my finger because I pressed the A button too much. -_- Even now I still have trouble playing it.

The most fun: The shooting game with Kotake (Koume?) in MM. I loved shooting her while trying to shoot the target, and made her mad sometimes. And moving targets are better than staying-still targets. That was a pretty good shooting game. And the Swam Gallery is also kinda fun, all I needed to do is shoot randomly and hoped the arrows hit some targets. :)

The most frustrating one to me is the Horse Back Shooting Gallery in OoT. I really hated it when my arrows were limited. I couldn't shoot all I want to, or shoot randomly,etc. When I ran out of arrow while there was much time left, I couldn't do anything and had to start all over again! That game stressed me out so much that I almost gave up on it in my 100% completion...

To be honest, I haven't mastered any of those shooting galleries. I beat them pretty much by bare luck....

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
Ah, mini-games only. Sadly, I had a terrible time shooting hunting poes in Ocarina of Time, and you have to get those for the last bottle. I'd be tempted to pick that as one of the ones I've struggled with if it was just archery in general.

But hardest for me would have to be the ones in MM, seeing as I still haven't beaten a couple of the challenges - namely, 2000+ for the swamp shooting gallery and a perfect score for the town shooting gallery. I'm just not that accurate at aiming with the classic controller.

Since I'm not great at archery in general I can't say I particularly look forward to any of them. I guess though, like 13foxes, I have the most fun shooting at Koume in the Southern Swamp. I had a lot of trouble with her at first and am not convinced I could beat her again, but I beat her at least once, and it's funny when she chides you for beating up on an old lady.

Honey and Darling also have a kind of shooting challenge in their game, but I didn't actually have that much trouble with theirs. What I really liked was tossing bombs in the baskets there, but...wrong kind of challenge. :bleh:

J Oh

Hylian Alchemist
Ah, mini-games only. Sadly, I had a terrible time shooting hunting poes in Ocarina of Time, and you have to get those for the last bottle. I'd be tempted to pick that as one of the ones I've struggled with if it was just archery in general.

But hardest for me would have to be the ones in MM, seeing as I still haven't beaten a couple of the challenges - namely, 2000+ for the swamp shooting gallery and a perfect score for the town shooting gallery. I'm just not that accurate at aiming with the classic controller.

Since I'm not great at archery in general I can't say I particularly look forward to any of them. I guess though, like 13foxes, I have the most fun shooting at Koume in the Southern Swamp. I had a lot of trouble with her at first and am not convinced I could beat her again, but I beat her at least once, and it's funny when she chides you for beating up on an old lady.

Honey and Darling also have a kind of shooting challenge in their game, but I didn't actually have that much trouble with theirs. What I really liked was tossing bombs in the baskets there, but...wrong kind of challenge. :bleh:

I forgot about Poes! Ugh makes me want to play OoT again.

About the bombs, that was my favorite too :p

I still have to get 2000+ and a "Perfect" in the Town shooting gallery in order to have my perfect in MM *shakes fist*

I thought shooting the Gorman Brothers in MM was also fun, keeping them away from Cermia's milk carriage. Though I always thought it was weird that she was kind of hitting on you lol

Kybyrian

The Swamp Shooting gallery took me quite a while to do, but I got it in an hour or two. Then again I didn't constantly try, so it might have been longer. I just assumed that the time that I had played was an hour or two. It was a pretty frustrating game when you had to try so many times to get what you wanted. I suppose I got lucky on the Clocktown Shooting Gallery, because I got a perfect score within the first hour that I played it. Perhaps I should try a few more times. Luck might abandon me.

The horseback archery challenge in Ocarina of Time was personally my favorite. I loved riding on the back of Epona and going for the high score. No matter how many times I failed I used to find it fun to try. After you do it for a while you get better at it. I went through and shot the pots first, then went back and went for the 100s on the targets. It was easy if you hit all of the pots the first time through with no arrows wasted and were decent with the targets.

Last edited:

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
I would say the most difficult was the Clocktown Shooting Gallery in MM. Getting the perfect score on that was ridiculous in its difficulty; that took me several hours to beat, and probably enough rupees to buy a small town.

I enjoyed the horseback Shooting Gallery in OoT; it took me a while to get it, though. When I was helping my friend on his first play through of OoT, I was taunting him at how bad he was going to fail at this minigame. He started it up, aimed the cursor over the target, and just spammed the B button. He won the minigame in about four seconds. o_O
I ate my words that day.

J Oh

Hylian Alchemist
. He started it up, aimed the cursor over the target, and just spammed the B button. He won the minigame in about four seconds. o_O

You mean he spammed on the same target? If so I use to do that to at least get the large quiver, not so much the Heart Piece though lol

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
The challenges in OoT were fairly easy. The ones in MM gave me some trouble, and I spent several hours working at them... and both the Town Shooting Gallery and the Swamp Shooting Gallery eventually yielded all their prizes.

I almost got 100% completion on MM, and I would have if I hadn't gotten lazy near the end.

Majora's Cat

How about that
@AwesomeLink86

I don't think the Swamp Shooting Gallery was that hard. A few tries and I got it. In fact, I'm so good I always get a perfect score, no matter how many times I do it (my top score was, like, more than 20 seconds under the time limit). But the Town Shooting Gallery from MM... that was PAINFUL.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
I actually thought the fish-shooting minigame in WW was extremely hard. I've never really been good with Link's bow (at least in the 3D ones) and it took me many tries to get a highscore on all those minigames.

yotam

Leave the chocolate here
Well, I remember doing only the ones in MM, OoT, ALttP and WW. I hated the one that been in ALttP and I gave up real soon. At the beginning I played OoT and MM on an emulator which is really hard, but later on when I bought my n64 I found out that shooting mini games are fun on the n64. The WW's was fun, it made me laugh, shooting the Fish Man :lol:. I remember that I was close but I stop playing it in some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom