• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild BoTW 1 Year Later

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
I'm really surprised that so many people dislike the weapon breaking mechanic.. I actually kind of like that about BOTW. It makes things more challenging for me, I have to really think about which weapon I'm going to use for which enemy and whether each weapon is worth using at the given time or not. Plus, it gives us more reason to explore and try to find the best weapons that we can. I think if the weapons didn't break, it would be too easy and boring and would take away from the game..

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I'm really surprised that so many people dislike the weapon breaking mechanic.. I actually kind of like that about BOTW. It makes things more challenging for me, I have to really think about which weapon I'm going to use for which enemy and whether each weapon is worth using at the given time or not. Plus, it gives us more reason to explore and try to find the best weapons that we can. I think if the weapons didn't break, it would be too easy and boring and would take away from the game..
It's the going into your inventory over and over again that is painful... Like putting on and taking off the iron boots in the Water Temple before you could just tap a button

I stopped playing it for a bit when the DLCs came out. Since I didn't get them right away. Recently a few friends got switches and got the game so I started playing and having friends to talk to about the game have brought my love for it back. I've pushed every other game I'm playing back so I can grind out every little piece of It.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

Changing a weapon requires you to physically stop the game to go into a menu. This breaks immersion. And because weapons are destroyed so easily it means immersion is broken a lot.

They could have included better combat to give players a challenge. Actually requiring the player to use some skill to do battle rather than just using a powerful sword they found for a quick cheap kill.

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
Changing a weapon requires you to physically stop the game to go into a menu. This breaks immersion. And because weapons are destroyed so easily it means immersion is broken a lot.

They could have included better combat to give players a challenge. Actually requiring the player to use some skill to do battle rather than just using a powerful sword they found for a quick cheap kill.
yeah, that part really doesn't bother me. But I can see what you're saying about including better combat

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I didn't like how it encouraged you to NOT use good weapons. I had several weapons in my inventory that I kept for about a 3rd of the game because I considered every enemy to not be worth wasting them on. I usually relied on Boko weapons or the Master Sword for most of the game (because, frankly, you don't need that strong of weapons to defeat most enemies in BoTW). I do agree that, with the way Nintendo designed the weapon system, the weapons HAD to be breakable. But I still am not the biggest fan of it. It didn't really detract from my experience in BoTW, but I just hope that we don't see it in future installments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom