• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Boomerang

How many people actually use the boomerang by instinct? Like, If i was to walk up to a monster, after taking all of his items by grappling, I would pummel him with the boomerang. Thats what I like to do.

Majora's Cat

How about that
I kind of do. I usually Z-target an enemy and hit it with the boomerang it it's weak. If not, I'll instinctively fire a light arrow.

The boomerang's best use is to whack the King of Red Lions with it. :P
It is actually thrown like a real boomerang--in a circular path, so I don't use it to cut grass like I do in a few other games. As for combat... depending on the foe, I may use it to stun the enemy. But whenever I throw it once, I need to throw it three times at the same enemy. You know... OCD... The enemy that I almost always use it on, though, is the Peahats--well, until I obtained the Light Arrows. And yeah... retrieving items has to be my biggest use for it.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
No, I don''t really use the boomerang, but I use it all the time to kill peahats and deku babas. I use it sometimes to stun moblins if i'm feeling lazy :D

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
I never use the boomerang in The Wind Waker because my first instinct was to destroy them all unless it's a peahat. I feels funny watching them try to walk after being attacked by the boomerang.

David

But you called me here...
I only use the boomerang to retrieve items, solve puzzles and defeat weak monsters such as Keese when I'm too lazy to use my sword.

I never EVER use the boomerang in casual combat. It never does anything that the arrows or the sword cannot do. Since OoT, the bbomerang is not that useful in combat situations, and its a shame, because, besides some puzzles and retrieving items, the boomerang is pretty useless. I wish they made it more complex, like if you could only obtain certain items from enemies by fighting them with it, or if you could blow the enemies away and knock them down to perorm a special attack that would not be possible other way. It would be cool to slow down time when you use the five enemy target system, and then send the five enemies flying against themselves and make themselves hut each other. That wouold be a cool way to use the boomerang to attack multiple targets. or allow you to kill swarm enemies like keeses. I actually like to use the boomerang in PH, i just hope SS comes up with some creative use of the boomerang, both in combat and to interact with the enviroment.

Zelda_Duh

Hyrule's Princess
I'll use the boomerang to get stuff, sometimes i use it to kill the ChuChu's, but that's basically it.

Mamfi1908

The New Guy
OMG
I loved the boomerang in WW, I used it all the time! It was the most powerfull boomerang through out the modern Zelda games, seriously. I killed like, over half of the enemies in the game with the boomerang! I LOVED IT SOOOOOO MUCH!

OMG
I loved the boomerang in WW, I used it all the time! It was the most powerfull boomerang through out the modern Zelda games, seriously. I killed like, over half of the enemies in the game with the boomerang! I LOVED IT SOOOOOO MUCH!

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
i used the boomerang to do puzzles AND KILL THE STUPID PEAHATS!!! and to stun the darknuts and moblins with it :P

Djinn

and Tonic
In the 2D games I used the boomerang all the time. It was the easiest way to stun enemies so I could attacked the paused monsters instantly. But in 3D Zelda titles almost never. Except when it was required like said above against peahats. But for item retrieval I always use the grappling hook. I use it constantly on enemies to steal just about everything they have before I begin fighting them. Normally because I miss half the items that explode out of the glowing ball after I kill them.

Looks to me that the boomerang only appears in modern games out of tradition. Just as bombs, the bow, and different color tunics appear so often.

In WW I use the Boomerang quite a bit. It's more deadly in that game than in most of the others, and I always set it to the Z button and leave it there. That is the only game that I use the boomerang very often, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom